Pirate 4x4 banner
521 - 540 of 580 Posts

·
Change is good.
35,184 Posts
The buffer you can experiment depending on your loads and what you are trying to accomplish. Alot of the 9mm buffers are solid and depending what you are doing can get alot of bolt bounce. I think I have thrown in some H3's with a Wolff 25% stiffer recoil spring on some. Others, just the H2 or H3 is fine.
Mine is nearly all NFA, and it has been flawless with standard 115, 124 or 147g ball loads, and even some 124g HP's. But last weekend I was shooting it and got a double fire, and then another one that went off as the bolt was out of battery. This was with the Winchester white box "NATO" rounds from SGA Ammo, (supposedly 10% hotter but not designated +P). Went back to the Speer Lawman 124g, and had no more issues.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Anyone have a better way to carry around a couple dozen stick mags? Looking for something slim, like a messenger bag, now I've got a very flimsy canvas bag and it won't keep it's shape. Maybe something with interior pockets?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Anyone have a better way to carry around a couple dozen stick mags? Looking for something slim, like a messenger bag, now I've got a very flimsy canvas bag and it won't keep it's shape. Maybe something with interior pockets?
A four cell AK mag puch would carry 12 30's. There are Hungarian five cell pouches with the purse strap as well.

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
I have a set just like the one on the right, except they are green, hold 4 mags at a time, and have leather loops that your belt goes through. The Stick mags fit perfectly in them, almost a little too nug. I can put a holder on each side me and pull mags out just fine.

I got them at a gun show for a couple bucks a piece. I swear they were MP40 paratrooper magazine pouch. But i cannot find an exact picture of them anywhere. I can grab a pick of them later if you want?

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
A four cell AK mag puch would carry 12 30's. There are Hungarian five cell pouches with the purse strap as well.
good catch. ill look into them. i know 3 will fit in a very snug ar15 mag cell. maybe i can find a hungarian one that isnt completely rotted away.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Update: I ordered the NFA C-9 lower, so all of my parts are on order for my (first) AR-9 build.
Also, I shot a USPSA this weekend, small crowd. Of 62 shooters there were nine shooting PCC:smokin:
Everything from my buddies MecTech (.40) to home-builds like I'm doing to a 'how much can I spend on an AR-9':smokin::smokin: This one weighed in at less than 5 lbs:eek:
I am so pumped to get this show on the road.

·
Change is good.
35,184 Posts
:laughing: had that happen when I was holding at the magwell. I had the outline of the upper and lower receiver in burnt power on my hand and blew the mag out the bottom.
I got lucky, just a tiny bit of powder burn on my cheek. Woke me right the fuck up though. And I cleaned the everlovin piss out of it when I got home. Need to get some spray cleaner to clean the upper receiver properly.

·
Registered
362 Posts
UPDATE:
Picked up my (NFA C-9) dedicated lower at my FFL Friday afternoon, which was the last parts/piece for my build. Threw everything together Friday night and ran it Saturday without any tuning. Ran about 100 rounds: slow & fast, Glock factory mags, Magpul 17 & 21 rd. mags, 115 FMJ & 124 FMJ (hand loads, WWB & Freedom remans) without a single failure:smokin::smokin::smokin:

After cycling it Friday with dummy rounds and almost every round failed to chamber I was skeered, but damn this girl is fun to play with!
Low budget build (I've got $432.98 total in it) plus a Burris TRS-25 red dot for $54:grinpimp:
Did a down & dirty trigger job on the stock lpk, dropped it from just under 7.5# to a consistent 4.5#
I am a happy boy!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
UPDATE:
Picked up my (NFA C-9) dedicated lower at my FFL Friday afternoon, which was the last parts/piece for my build. Threw everything together Friday night and ran it Saturday without any tuning. Ran about 100 rounds: slow & fast, Glock factory mags, Magpul 17 & 21 rd. mags, 115 FMJ & 124 FMJ (hand loads, WWB & Freedom remans) without a single failure

After cycling it Friday with dummy rounds and almost every round failed to chamber I was skeered, but damn this girl is fun to play with!
Low budget build (I've got $432.98 total in it) plus a Burris TRS-25 red dot for $54

Did a down & dirty trigger job on the stock lpk, dropped it from just under 7.5# to a consistent 4.5#
I am a happy boy!
Pictures, or it didn't haopen, LOL.

·
Change is good.
35,184 Posts
UPDATE:
Picked up my (NFA C-9) dedicated lower at my FFL Friday afternoon, which was the last parts/piece for my build. Threw everything together Friday night and ran it Saturday without any tuning. Ran about 100 rounds: slow & fast, Glock factory mags, Magpul 17 & 21 rd. mags, 115 FMJ & 124 FMJ (hand loads, WWB & Freedom remans) without a single failure:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Low budget build (I've got $432.98 total in it) plus a Burris TRS-25 red dot for $54:grinpimp:
I am a happy boy!
Yeah, they're stupid fun, more fun than a .22 I think. When my buddy from Kalifornia was here a couple weeks ago, we were pinging 12x18" steel at 212 yards pretty consistently with 1124g S&B rounds. With just holding the red dot over the steel. Giggles.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #532 ·
Yeah, they're stupid fun, more fun than a .22 I think. When my buddy from Kalifornia was here a couple weeks ago, we were pinging 12x18" steel at 212 yards pretty consistently with 1124g S&B rounds. With just holding the red dot over the steel. Giggles.

I bet you felt that recoil!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m a little late to the game but I started my Colt style PCC build recently. I am having some problems though. My upper is a PSA carbine with their hybrid bolt. The lower is an unbranded dedicated 9mm 80% that I machined and assembled with a Aero LPK. After putting it together I found that charging the bolt is impossible because it’s so tight. I noticed the bolt is leaving some witness marks on the feed ramp from rubbing. My question is can I stone the bottom of the bolt to clear or would I be better off working on or replacing the feed ramp?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wow! Shot my first USPSA using my new AR-9:smokin::smokin:
40*, blowing rain, everything & everybody wet as fuck.
MY PCC ran flawless:grinpimp: while everyone else in my squad had all kinds of issues with their PCC.
On the next to last station I realized both my (Burris TRS-25) Red Dot AND my riser had come loose! Shit! So much for 'a little' blue loctite. I snugged her down to finish the last two then really blued it when I got home.
ZERO issues with this setup, zero complaints.
I LOVE THIS THING!!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Wow! Shot my first USPSA using my new AR-9:smokin::smokin:
40*, blowing rain, everything & everybody wet as fuck.
MY PCC ran flawless:grinpimp: while everyone else in my squad had all kinds of issues with their PCC.
On the next to last station I realized both my (Burris TRS-25) Red Dot AND my riser had come loose! Shit! So much for 'a little' blue loctite. I snugged her down to finish the last two then really blued it when I got home.
ZERO issues with this setup, zero complaints.
I LOVE THIS THING!!
Yea, the 9mm AR seems to jar things around a bit. Last time I shot mine the front BUIS fell off and the castle nut came loose, LOL.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Yea, the 9mm AR seems to jar things around a bit. Last time I shot mine the front BUIS fell off and the castle nut came loose, LOL.
what? the 9mm AR shouldnt "jar things around" anymore than any other AR platform.

if things came loose, then they came loose because you didnt install them correctly. has nothing to do with the 9mm caliber in the AR platform.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
what? the 9mm AR shouldnt "jar things around" anymore than any other AR platform.

if things came loose, then they came loose because you didnt install them correctly. has nothing to do with the 9mm caliber in the AR platform.
Yea, I clearly did not torque them down enough. However, my 4.5" A5-15 chambered in 9mm does have more perceived recoil than my 16" midlength AR-15 chambered in 5.56.

521 - 540 of 580 Posts