Registered
1,981 Posts

·
Registered
8,026 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I bought and received one of those. Still in the package unused. Not much help, but was surprised there wasn't more traffic on the product here.
What do you think of it?

I'd like to do a pistol 9mm upper and put it on my SBR lower with an adapter into the standard lower (Hahn seemed to have the best recommendations?)

·
Registered
8,026 Posts
What do you think of it?

I'd like to do a pistol 9mm upper and put it on my SBR lower with an adapter into the standard lower (Hahn seemed to have the best recommendations?)
Haven't ran it. Seems expensive for what it is, but is a decent price compared to other options.

Again, no comment on functionality.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
PCC is really starting to take off up here. I am not looking to build one at this time but for an off the shelf set up I am leaning towards a Freedom Ordnance FX-9

https://freedomordnance.com/fx-9-9mm-carbine/

Any of you guys have any experience with this particular platform?

It is not available up here at this time but is pending approval from the powers that be.

Attachments

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
what a complete pain in the ass to use glock mags in am AR lower. glock cut bolt, weird mag release location? for what? just to be Glock'd up and use the same mags as a pistol?

KISS. This glock mag conversion seems overly complicated.

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
what a complete pain in the ass to use glock mags in am AR lower. glock cut bolt, weird mag release location? for what? just to be Glock'd up and use the same mags as a pistol?

KISS. This glock mag conversion seems overly complicated.
You can get a nfa glock lower for $129/ ... $109 for a blem. Super clean and works great. 33 rnd glock mags are easy to get, pretty much every gun store in the US has them outside communist held territory. If you want last round bolt hold open, then it's get more complicated, nfa has a upper, or just live without the option. I guess if you already have a lower or are building your own out of a 80%, it's a option to save a few nickles.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
You can get a nfa glock lower for $129/ ... $109 for a blem. Super clean and works great. 33 rnd glock mags are easy to get, pretty much every gun store in the US has them outside communist held territory. If you want last round bolt hold open, then it's get more complicated, nfa has a upper, or just live without the option. I guess if you already have a lower or are building your own out of a 80%, it's a option to save a few nickles.
Dedicated Glock lower is very different than this mag conversion block.

·
Change is good.
35,184 Posts
Mine is nearly all NFA, and it has been flawless with standard 115, 124 or 147g ball loads, and even some 124g HP's. But last weekend I was shooting it and got a double fire, and then another one that went off as the bolt was out of battery. This was with the Winchester white box "NATO" rounds from SGA Ammo, (supposedly 10% hotter but not designated +P). Went back to the Speer Lawman 124g, and had no more issues.
UPDATE.

OK, so I took out the fancy nickle boron trigger group and put in a national match trigger that I had laying around. No more FA for me. 115's, 124's, 124 +P, 147's all fire in a nice polite semi-auto mode.

Gonna shoot it tomorrow in a steel match, since I'm the king of novice pistol now! :laughing:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Ok so maybe someone can help me figure out what the heck is going on here. After swapping my KAK buffer tube for an SB tactical PDW stock, the fucker wont cycle. Just fires one round.

I also noticed that I cant manually lock the bolt back.

So, sounds like the new buffer tube is too short.

Measured from the inside surface to the lip where the buffer retaining pin sits, I get this.

KAK tube (the one that works)-7"

SB tactical brace-6 29/32"

I have confirmed that both my Kaw Valley 7.5oz buffer and the SB tactical brace are designed for a carbine length.

·
Registered
894 Posts
If the bolt won't lock back, the buffer is too long and/or your spring is reaching total compression. Does the empty case eject after firing?

·
Change is good.
35,184 Posts
If the bolt won't lock back, the buffer is too long and/or your spring is reaching total compression.
Yup.

·
Registered
362 Posts
What's everyones thoughts on the Ruger PC Carbine (kind of a newer version of the old Ruger PC9, but newer/better/take-down)?
Now comes with an adapter to use Glock mags and a street price around $500:smokin:
I may have to have one to just play-play.
What say Pirate OSR??

·
Registered
10,533 Posts
What's everyones thoughts on the Ruger PC Carbine (kind of a newer version of the old Ruger PC9, but newer/better/take-down)?
Now comes with an adapter to use Glock mags and a street price around $500:smokin:
What say Pirate OSR??
Looks like poop but i like the concept.

I wish they had done it non-takedown and gave it a sweet wood stock.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Now comes with an adapter to use Glock mags and a street price around $500

What say Pirate OSR??
Looks like poop but i like the concept.

I wish they had done it non-takedown and gave it a sweet wood stock.
I agree, it is an ugly looking firearm.

https://www.ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

541 - 560 of 580 Posts