Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i've gotta 93' 318 in the CJ outtah a grand cherocar thats starting to knock more and more on startup. Too many times upsidedown/sideways with no oil pressure.

have a chance to pick up a 318 outtah a '75 dodge.

blocks interchangeable?

:confused:

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,572 Posts
Yes and no. Magnum vs non magnum.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/318.html

Magnum 5.2

The Magnum 5.2 is an evolution of the 318 with the same displacement. It received the Magnum V8 name with new manifolds and heads in 1992. Major changes that year include the addition of multiport fuel injection, a new higher-flow valve angle, increased valve lift, and larger exhaust. Power was up to 230 hp and 325tq (172 kW), with 300 ft·lbf of torque, from 170 hp (127 kW) previously. Production of the Magnum 5.2 ended with the 2003 model year Dodge Ram Van. It was replaced by the new 4.7 L PowerTech V8 offered in 2002 Dodge Ram pickups, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokees, and 2000 Dodge Dakota pickups.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
yes, and no.

they are not directly interchangeable, but you can use the older block and the newer heads, but it will require special parts (special as in not listed for those at the parts store)

I think it is amc lifters that oil thru the pushrods, pushrods that oil the heads, and may need special rockers.

it is a common swap to put the magnum top end on an LA (older) engine. Do some reasearch on it and yu will see what i am talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts