Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basicly can you use a ac condencer(radiator) as a tranny or oil cooler?
drawbacks? anyone use one? i have a big fawker that was on a grand wagoneer and would fit perfect infront of the radiator

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys,i am glad they put this "newbie" section in so i can ask simple/weird shat when my brain is not working and get honist answers that are not buried in sarcasm :D

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Id like to keep this thread going as I am planning on doing this to my vehicle. Id also like to know what applications people are getting the ac condensor from? what tranny it is cooling? where is it mounted? Are you using a fan?

I plan on going to pick and pull and grabbing a condensor and fan that will fit under my vehicle. this is going to be for a th350. I am not going to run it through the radiator.

It would be kinda nice to see a list of pieces and parts that have worked for people.

thanks

arndog

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
By the time you research. drive down to a junkyard and pull something that works and then go and get hoses and adapters to make it work, it's easier to pick a new one up. NAPA sells a whole bunch of them for really cheap. I picked up a small one to use for my PS cooler with hydro assist for like $21. Had all the lines, straps, clamps etc. Might be something to look into unless you've got one laying around you're set on using.

·
Registered
498 Posts
A friend uses the factory mount ac condenser as a cooler for the factory TH350 tranny on his 1974 Blazer.

Works great.
Better than the stock in water cooler that made the tranny fry it's oil...

As someone said, at the price you can get new ones it is prolly not worth the bother...

Tobias

1 - 7 of 7 Posts