Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, let me say that the cage was built by Grady's Extreme Off Road, they do some of coolest work around. I can't thank them enough for the great cage they built for my cruiser! Look for a full write up on the shop soon. But in the meantime click on the floating banner if you havn't done so already and check them out.

Also, incase some of you do not know, Don (FC187- I think) from this board works there and did alot of the work on the cage. Anyways, here ya go.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Damn Jeff sweet cage, why is the tailpipe so godawful low:confused:
Never mind I see that you have it loose obviously you removed something that used to be above it......gonna mount tailights in the tub?
Butch

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn Jeff sweet cage, why is the tailpipe so godawful low
Because it used to be tucked behind the frame, but I cut the whole rear portion of the frame off and now it needs to be moved up a few more inches.

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tab on the tailpipe used to mount to the bottom of the frame/bumper. I gained alot of clearance by chopping off the frame.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
I don't know too much about cage design, but is there a lack of trianglulation and gussets in there:confused:

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I still need to add the standard gussets to the corners, but other than that, it's very strong.

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah 2" .120 I don't know for sure about color, but probably silver'ish

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks good Jeff,

Hard to tell from the pic, is the dash bar bent outward?
Also, Why did you cut off the back of the frame? Weight? Is the rear of the tub suported by the tubing?

·
Discount!
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, the dash bar is bent outward (like the dash pad was). I cut the rear frame for two reasons, did'nt need it anymore (it served no purpose) and in a effort to lighten up. Yes the rear tub has two body mounts to the tubing. I may add two more up towards the front as well. Also, the tube that runs along side the inner tub is mounted to the body in four places.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
FAWK YEAH. :smokin:

EDIT: DO YOU HAVE A PIC OF THE SECTION WHERE THE MAIN HOOP TIES INTO THE DOOR BARS AND THE BODY? SEEMS LIKE AN INTERESTING JOINT GOING ON, AND ALSO WANTED TO SEE WHERE THE BODY MEETS THE HOOP.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts