Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that is the right year - it has a 22re and IFS. It is my brother in laws, I am a Jeep guy myself.

Anyway, he was asking me if I knew where he could get some front fenders. He saw some the had much bigger wheel openings and did not know if they were custom or bought - he thought they were bought. I will do some looking, but thought some of you fellas might know. Personally, I suggested he find some at a junkyard and sawzall them to look like he wanted. The ones he had have some bondo and are pretty beaten and lights will hardly stay in, so he does need to swap.

Also, he is about to do a V8 conversion (327 w/ tcase and tranny). Any pointers here? It is going to be fun, I am sure. I am pretty sure he is gonna swap the axles from the get-go, too.

I am going to look at Downey and All Pro now, let me know if any of you have input on either of these projects. Thanks!!

-Bart

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by bart:
<STRONG>I think that is the right year - it has a 22re and IFS. It is my brother in laws, I am a Jeep guy myself.

Anyway, he was asking me if I knew where he could get some front fenders. He saw some the had much bigger wheel openings and did not know if they were custom or bought - he thought they were bought. I will do some looking, but thought some of you fellas might know. Personally, I suggested he find some at a junkyard and sawzall them to look like he wanted. The ones he had have some bondo and are pretty beaten and lights will hardly stay in, so he does need to swap.

Also, he is about to do a V8 conversion (327 w/ tcase and tranny). Any pointers here? It is going to be fun, I am sure. I am pretty sure he is gonna swap the axles from the get-go, too.

I am going to look at Downey and All Pro now, let me know if any of you have input on either of these projects. Thanks!!

-Bart</STRONG>
If it has IFS then it definately isn't an 84. It is an 86 or later

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Told ya I was a Jeep guy. Couldn't remember what year they went to IFS, but after looking around last night, I realized it was '86. His must be '86 - also, his 22r is carbuerated.

Anybody done a V8 conversion?

-Bart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts