Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First looking at buying a new rig....86 p.u with 350 adapted to toy. 5spd. The 350 is carbed and after wheeling my 82 i am tired of stalling. My first question is i was looking into the holly avenger but was reading that it is better in the long run to just go efi. After searching and searching i couldn't find what is exaclty involved in turning a 350 to efi? Second i know this question is asked all the time but the truck is 86 with 350 gay ifs superlift with dying toy. 5spd good cab and shitty bed, it has a frame in excelent condition that is the key part they want $2,200 obo for the truck. just wanted your help for i don;t know what this should be going for? i was thinking $1,500. thanks Josh

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Big Motor won't fix your stalling. Crawl Ratio will though. Put dual cases and all the good shit in your 82 and call it a day.

·
Registered
986 Posts
sounds to much for what it is. do dual cases or 5:29's in your truck.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought about fixing my 82, it has a dying frame, (big hole) and needs a new cab and bed i know its not to much, but if i could get the 86 with 350 and take the 82 axle and do a sas. i thought that would be better, its just the stalling problem i still need to fix.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I looked at your website. You should just cut out the rust and weld in some patches. Save your money.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
V8 with an auto is as good as dual cases for crawling. well, almost, plus it sounds cool! the truck doesn't sound like it's worth it, though.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Heavy Metal Toy said:
V8 with an auto is as good as dual cases for crawling. well, almost, plus it sounds cool
I don't know about that. All the horsepower in the world won't slow you down when you need to crawl down something.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
a carbed v8 ifs truck...............i personally wouldn't give ya 500 for it unless it was really something special with lots of bling bling speed goodies.

sounds like a pita

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
As far as carbs go, you are best off with the Quadra Jet. they can be tuned very well for off road, and work off camber much better than the Holly will. V-8 4Runners are a blast to drive, but the IFS and Toy tranny are not up to the task in a full bodied rig. It looks like you would be in for alot of work for a trail worthy rig. Not that thats a bad thing, unless it already a hack job.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys, i am going to go test drive it tommorow and see whats wrong with it. some young chick owns and has no idea about it. I am going to see if she will take $1000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts