Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this in a e-flyer today.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=310-304

It is a 4 channel amp, with built in FM tuner and USB \ SD card reader. It has a remote, so you can mount it under the dash and go hands free. The Tuner and card \ key support is a winner in my mind.

Mine is ordered and in the mail as I type.

A set of quick disconnects and you can pull it for Comp time. Use a set of wakeboard rack boat speakers and your good to go.

Wow.. I cant believe I just recommended an "under the dash" stereo..
Takes me back to my buddies Jeep with a Craig PowerPlay 8 track..

Foghat and Ted Nugent ... :p

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like you'll have to cut apart the power plug and wire it up to run off of 12v.

Also, it's only got what looks to be ~10 watts per channel. (the provided plug is 12v x 4a)
Specifications:
• 4 x 45W max (output power is dependent upon power supply)
• Power requirements: 9 to 14.4 VDC, 5A
• DC power input jack: 2.1 mm x 5.5 mm

If you pimp the AC to DC adapter they ship with the unit, Ohm's law does limit the power.
If you source a connector from Radio Shack, you can wire it into your rig and easily suppl twice what it needs to allow full power from the Tripath chip it uses.

Roll your own here.... I am..

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If you source a connector from Radio Shack, you can wire it into your rig and easily suppl twice what it needs to allow full power from the Tripath chip it uses.
Nice find. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it after wiring it up, as I've been thinking of doing something like this in my rig. Also hope you'll provide a more detailed version of the above statement for us audio-dummies :D

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
this is exactly what i have been looking for. solid state, easy to mount. i've gone through 3 cd players in the last couple years, they just can't be mounted solidly enough, plus dust/dirt kills the cd part.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
wonder if the remote can shuffle through songs on the SD card or plugged in through the USB. that'd be awesome to stow under the seats, in as waterproof a box as possible (damn PNW rain), with a designated old Ipod or sd card.

looking forward to hearing your reviews.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Any update on this?

I have a amp but would really like to get a fm tuer without having to deal with a deck.

I don't mind spending some more money if someone knows of a better choice. I did see the marine Jenson marine decks but again.. I d,ont want a huge deck.

Also looking for a wired remote if I can find it with a 4 channel amp with a fm receiver.. Back to google I go:D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I read the reviews on the link in the first post , sounds like junk to me.
but is would be nice to hear first hand review from someone on PBB

·
5,599 Posts
I got itchy fingers tonight I guess, this one I liked because of the water resistance, mounts in a standard hole like my gauges, eh.. We shall see.

I figure none of these will be a homer run for real power but maybe I could add a amp behind this if I can get a clean signal with out too much noise/distortion.

http://www.amazon.com/Milennia-MILPRV15-PRV15-AM-FM-Gauge/dp/B004XN8M64
I like that Idea would be cool if it had RCA outs. keep us posted on the quality.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I got itchy fingers tonight I guess, this one I liked because of the water resistance, mounts in a standard hole like my gauges, eh.. We shall see.
Interesting.

No FM tuner, but I am a big fan of this kit. Get an MP3 player with an FM tuner and you are set.
http://www.polyplanar.com/product/m...peaker-and-ic35-panel-mount-adapter-combo-kit

I run an iPod and recently ran across a variety of RF remotes. An IR remote requires line of site for volume or song/channel changes. There are dozens of this style remote, so you can pick one with the features you want. An RF remote allows the electronics to be stored completely out of the elements. This is great if you are running just an amp and MP3 player.

Edit:There is even a steering wheel mount.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Wow.. I cant believe I just recommended an "under the dash" stereo..
Takes me back to my buddies Jeep with a Craig PowerPlay 8 track..

Foghat and Ted Nugent ... :p[/QUOTE]

WOW:eek: Your an old sob! Ahhh, still remember my under dash quad 8 track! About the size of a small suitcase.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Interesting.

No FM tuner, but I am a big fan of this kit. Get an MP3 player with an FM tuner and you are set.
http://www.polyplanar.com/product/m...peaker-and-ic35-panel-mount-adapter-combo-kit

I run an iPod and recently ran across a variety of RF remotes. An IR remote requires line of site for volume or song/channel changes. There are dozens of this style remote, so you can pick one with the features you want. An RF remote allows the electronics to be stored completely out of the elements. This is great if you are running just an amp and MP3 player.

Edit:There is even a steering wheel mount.

I like and looked for the speaker and amp set up you run but every website is saying out of stock or not avail.

Some of the rf tuners look decent though:D

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
I like and looked for the speaker and amp set up you run but every website is saying out of stock or not avail.

Some of the rf tuners look decent though:D
Are you sure? They are on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Poly-Planar-Player-Audio-Speakers-Input/dp/B0013EX7GG
Better price here.
http://www.thedigitaloasis.com/POLY...rm=MP3-KIT-A&gclid=CIaH-7H2664CFQK9tgodVgT3Kg

It looks like Pyle is either now producing, or completely ripped off the Poly Planar kit and selling it for almost have the price. (which could explain why had trouble finding it)
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PLMRKT2A-Channel-Waterproof-Amplified/dp/B003GSLDUO/ref=pd_cp_e_0

·
CrawlTunes
3,810 Posts
That Pyle amp has been available for almost 2 years. I've sold several dozen of them and hadn't had any complaints.

I've never dealt with Poly Planar, but it seems to have only have the power of you average headunit. The Pyle is 100W RMS.

I hope do have my website together fairly soon, and I'll be setup to offer really good pricing when combining speaker, amps, wiring, and other accessories for hooking up your phone or MP3 player.

I've ran one of the cheap Pyle motorcycle amps in my solar powered ice chest radio with a pair of Pyle 6x9s for the last couple of years and it works great for what it is.
The tuner part isn't gonna pull in near as good of a signal as your average cars radio.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
There is also a water resistant gauge style unit available from MB Quart. It is the model wrc-s1. It says it is to be used as a secondary controller for one of their primary units, but also states that it will control and Ipod or auxiliary. It may be a good unit for someone looking to use with an amp or other unit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts