Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this belongs in Chit Chat and not tech, but I like hangin with the yota guys more than all them heepers. Today me and Kevin (rockcrawlinredneck) went to Frank Raines OHV Park in Paterson for the first time. Had read that the wheelin was about a 3 out of 10 when there was some water in the creek. Well I think we must have went a little further than most. In the begining the creek was easy wheelin. Nice wheeling though. Pretty much all rock and water making for good crawlin and havin fun. But the Further we got up the creekbed the more diverse it got. We went as far as we could with what daylight and backup we had. But got into some pretty damn good rock crawling.

The Pics are OK but are big so be patient...

Attachments

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
Kewl, looks like you went t a little further than I saw in the video from one of Rockpimp's trips there.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I was there a couple of weeks ago and a couple full-size chevys went through that same area and got quite a bit of body damage. It was fun to watch though.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah we got quite a bit of body damage also. Place was real tight. Next time we are going to go a bit further. It look to get alot better.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
yu shoulda called me, i was just there with my son on dirtbikes(booger weldz on a stolen computer:D):flipoff2: i hinked up the creek trail to check it out, looks fun!!looks like your truck turned out real nice!!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No shit paul. Well next time. Get your junk going and well try and make it up a bit further.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
i think were gonna make a trip out there a couple of weeks after the jambo so i can test out my junk.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
yeah, were over at jigga jons house puttin my hydro assist on his DOZER for the jambo, truck looks great rockcrawlinredneck, i especailly like the lightweight flatbed...this is boogs on jiggas sweet DSL hookup--wow fast! pix take just seconds to load...

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
even though I live in the bay area and have been wheeling since 1980 I have never been to frank raines sounds close for a day trip can anyone help me out with directions

thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
yep its simple, i-5 to patterson exit go west, make your first right leads you right to it. once you get off i-5 theres signs the whole way

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
thanks much I think the next rain day I get from work I'm headed that way

thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hey whatz up! Met you today at 4wheel parts. Checking out this post you told me about. Yea, this place looks sick. I am on it. Going to make a run out there this next weekend. Thanks for the info.

Dave :beer

rockcrawlinredneck said:
thanx booger considering its mine not his. but his truck did turn out very nice as well
:

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
I just found this about Frank Raines OHV

"Hours: Riding hours are Sunrise to Sunset. November-April."

Nov. ---> April ??? Does that mean this place is an opposite season???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts