Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well since we're nearing the completion of this build, I figured I would share with the rest of the Jeep community ENJOY

but first a little history...

August 4th 2007 my wife and I were struck on the my left side when stopped making a turn on my motorcycle....my wife broke her arm and leg but happy to report she made a full recovery....I took the brunt of the 47mph hit on my left side causing the amputation of my left leg above the knee along with some minor cuts and road rash....WE ARE VERY LUCKY TO BE ALIVE....I now get around pretty good on a prosthetic and me and my wife live life to it's fullest everyday here in NC....naturally I did come into some money from the accident, although it will never replace my leg, I can still have some fun with it!....I've now jokingly come to call my Jeep "The KRUTCH"....it will certainly get me where I can't walk!

....NO NEED FOR ANY SYMPATHY, I AM JUST SHARING THIS FOR OTHERS TO NOT CONSIDER ME JUST ANOTHER YUPPY WITH TOO MUCH MONEY TO SPEND!.......NOW enough of this downer ****, and check out what happens when you give a true JEEPER MONEY

ALL WORK AND FABRICATION IS BEING DONE BY ALEX REED AT CAROLINA TRUGGIES IN INDIAN TRAIL, NC

Spec's are posted below....let the FUN begin!

2008 Jeep Wrangler X
2-door, Automatic

10,000 miles on odometer

Custom Suspension

- 16" FOX coil-overs w/ remote reservoir and air bumps
- Double triangulated 4 link rear, triangulated 4 link front
(tops of coil-overs may come out of hood and tub)
- Front and rear stretch to 112" wheel base
- 2.50" solid aluminum lower control arms/2" uppers
- Howe Full Hydro steering

Power & Drivetrain

- 5.7 Liter HEMI by BOR
- Atlas 2 speed transfer case at 4.3 ratio
- 1350 driveshafts
- SOLID axle Dana 60's
- Yukon 5.38 gears
- Detroit Locker in rear & ARB air locker in front

Wheels & Tires...

-Poison Spyder Customs "SpyderLocks", powder-coated black
20" x 10" 5x5.5
-Interco Super Swamper IROKS
41" x 14.50"

Protection...

- Custom roll cage (made to accommodate hard top)
- Front bumper with stinger that ties into tube fenders, rocksliders,
- Comp Cut in rear to accommodate stretch

·
Premium Member
4,911 Posts
i can dig that. I havent seen to many comp cut JK's yet. What are some new issues cutting up the JK? I know CJ,YJ and TJ guys now all the little grimlins.

Theres a guy on here that did a leaf sprung JK and everyone was screaming how much trouble he would have with computer working right without the factory axles, do you have any new insight into this or you just gonna wing it?

lookin good either way.

·
Registered
365 Posts
well done

very clean cage

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Wow cant wait to see this one finished

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nice rig, lookin forward to seein this done

·
Registered
98 Posts
Custom Suspension

- 16" FOX coil-overs w/ remote reservoir and air bumps
- Double triangulated 4 link rear, triangulated 4 link front w/ track bar

I think this is abit of a mistake? Triangulated 4 link WITH track bar would take a serious amount of calculating and genius engineering to make work.

Also you got a hot wife for a dude with only one leg.:smokin:

Luke.

·
Registered
617 Posts
when that sick rig is done, go find the a$$hole that hit u and flex it on his car roof, just make sure he's in it. awesome idea and attitude. when life gives u lemons, make a dam good lemonade. point proven. im glad u and the wife are both ok, and i agree with the previous comment about her :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks guys for all the comments! It's been a long road so far...started it in May...all this is kinda new as far as stretching and the custom suspension on a JK, not to mention getting the tubes through this god awful dash...so there have been many "head scratching" moments :laughing:...But I'll keep posting the updates and pictures as she comes around...so far on the to-do list is still seat mounting, fuel cell, front coil-over hoops and bumpers....then all the nickel and dime shit like brake lines, ARB lines, etc etc

I think this is abit of a mistake? Triangulated 4 link WITH track bar would take a serious amount of calculating and genius engineering to make work.

Also you got a hot wife for a dude with only one leg.:smokin:

Luke.
You are correct...that was a typo, originally we were thinking 3 link with track, but then went 4 link NO track...sorry bout that :D

...oh and thanks for the hot wife stuff :eek: ....I defiantly snagged me a good one :laughing:

i can dig that. I havent seen to many comp cut JK's yet. What are some new issues cutting up the JK? I know CJ,YJ and TJ guys now all the little grimlins.

Theres a guy on here that did a leaf sprung JK and everyone was screaming how much trouble he would have with computer working right without the factory axles, do you have any new insight into this or you just gonna wing it?

lookin good either way.
It's not too horrible to comp cut....the thing is that these things bodies are basically a 3 layer stamp to make what looks like a tub, instead of there actually being a separate tub...if that makes any since...so the are alot more areas of bracing and pinch seams to cut through

The axles are full width dana 60's made by "SOLID Axle" specifically for the JK and it's retarded computer system, so everything is recognized the same as stock. I've seen that leaf sprung JK and it's a damn cool idea, I was kinda curious how he was doing it with junker axles and still planning to keep the computer.

when that sick rig is done, go find the a$$hole that hit u and flex it on his car roof, just make sure he's in it. awesome idea and attitude. when life gives u lemons, make a dam good lemonade. point proven. im glad u and the wife are both ok, and i agree with the previous comment about her
Oh believe me....the thought (among other things:mad3:) has certainly crossed my mind :D ....hopefully I'll be able to restrain myself lol

1 - 20 of 322 Posts