Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

... mind you, those are 38's

That TJ long arm kit was ho-made by a couple of Indiana good ole' boys. It's modeled after RE's kit with the same 3 link track bar setup up front and 5 link track bar setup in the back.

They basically took RE's normal, "short," arms, chopped them up, and welded in some "long" pieces.

It goes to show, it doesn't always take a fat wallet to pull off some "mad flex."

cm "damn impressive" k

·
Registered
647 Posts
...and that's a 30 degree RTI ramp. CMK stole my picture and then posted before I could myself.

As he mentioned the arms are all RE arms, they were cut in half and then extended using schedule 80 tubing and welded to make the long arms. In the front the short uppers were kept and welded to the long lower arm and the front tire was move forward to extend the wheel base to approximately 95 or so inches. In the rear the uppers and lowers were both extended and the mounts were moved. I am going to post a link to more photos of this jeep. Also in this album there are photos of another Indiana boy who did the long arms but in the rear he kept the short uppers and connected them to the longer lowers. Both set ups work. However, IMHO, i think that having both rear sets of arms connected to the frame actually makes it stronger, tho both set ups work and neighter has had trouble with rear in either setup.

In the photo album, the first 6 pics are of the TJ with the long lowers and short uppers connected to the lowers in the back (Airborn's TJ), and the last 6 pics are of this blue jeep with the longer uppers and lowers in the rear (Rosco's TJ). You wil be able to see the difference. Both Jeeps used schedule 80 tubing and cut the short RE arms in half.

Custom Long Arm TJ's

I will be doing this same thing to the front of my 1995 XJ with in the next couple of months. Also, I will be boxing the uniframe on my XJ to make it stronger and a better mounting spot for the new location of the control arms mount (and new custom rock rails) and extending my wheelbase a couple of inches as well.

If anyone wants futher info on these setups or has more questions, feel free to email me at: [email protected] or post here.

mac 'one of the good 'ol back woods Indiana boys' gyvr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts