Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING!!! NEWBIE Q :flipoff2:

Below is a pic of a cage I like. It's not mine, and I don't know who it belongs to.

I'm wondering what you would do differently / or change to make it stronger. It seams simple and light, which is what I'm looking for... I don't want a full jungle gym of heavy pipe that is going to crush the first time I flop...

If this is your cage, anything you would change....

Rest of pics here (bluetorchfab.com)

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
He does nice work, other then adding a rear cross brace and some small gussets to the corners your good to go

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Dunno Bill 4rest. It´s gonna get real fawking old to have to jump over that neck-high tube going across the door opening.........:p

IIWM, I´d run that tube a lot lower down and then gusset it as necessary at the B-pillar...........

But I guess the REST of your idea isn´t "too" bad...........

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
billj said:
Dunno Bill 4rest. It´s gonna get real fawking old to have to jump over that neck-high tube going across the door opening.........:p

IIWM, I´d run that tube a lot lower down and then gusset it as necessary at the B-pillar...........

But I guess the REST of your idea isn´t "too" bad...........

:flipoff2:

Cut and adjust to your likeing then:flipoff2: But if your like me you like to imitate Mary Lou Retin as I dismount outa the samy LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Bill4rest said:

Cut and adjust to your likeing then:flipoff2: But if your like me you like to imitate Mary Lou Retin as I dismount outa the samy LOL

No thanks, I still HAVE my balls!!!!!!! I take care of them, they take care of me...........:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
ZuksRule said:
Rude and Bill,
You put the front gussets oposite of each other, is one way better/stronger than the other? or is both ways combined best :flipoff2: ?

That would depend on whether you plan on endoing or flopping you rig........;) :idea:

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

EDIT: Actually, that´s a serious answer to your question.........:)

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
So, seeing this..

which is better?

A hoop in the front, or the bars coming back to a hoop?

ie, ths first picture, has a halo, but no hoop in the front..

bill4rest's pic, has the front hoop, but no real halo..

The reason I ask, is the cage I have in the zuk has no front hoop per say - it's got two spreaders, and hooks in a hoop behind the seats (but not into the factory hoop..)

I am planning on buying a bender, and making a new cage this summer for it, that has hoops like bill4rest's.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The same principle applys.

All other things being equal, hoops would be stronger in a roll and side bars with spreaders better in an endo. The halo idea doesn´t really strike me as the best design, as it lacks the "advantages" offered by the other two.......

That being said, a well designed halo would hold up just fine. The trick to any cage is in good bends and gussets.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.