Pirate 4x4 banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
So I'm putting my flame suit on. I built a cage for it and wanted to do something that sat as low as possible on the roof line. I am very happy with it even with the 3 piece halo. All the joints to the a pillar are interlocking and were welded separately. I am going to slug the ends of it and send it. Right now I need to finish the inside repaint and fill the holes in my floor back in. I'm 8 months and 2 weeks ahead of when I wanted to be st this stage as I'm thinking of going to Harlan in october or November.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Cage looks okay to me. For all the XJs out there cageless I think this is a good start. I've been putting off bending one for mine. I see a lot of A pillars crunched after hitting harlan. Your cage should at least keep the glass from shattering :flipoff2:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Once I get more tube I'm going to add a spreader then start to brace the a pillar with a windshield spreader. Internally I will be removing the back seat and building through it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
New rear bumper is done, cage is done, and I am down to adding another support bar to my crossmember+ fixing the exhaust.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Been wheeling it bought a new 6.2 f250 tow rig and put some steelies on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Been busy dropped it decided to go to a 4 link because fuck the leaf flip thing sucks cock. Wb is like 111.5 now

·
Registered
194 Posts
How do you like the new gasser F250 towing? I have been lurking for a cheap used one.

Also good call with the 4 link. I am about to do a double triangulated 4 link on mine. Stretched as far back as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Honestly I really enjoy it. Sorry about how long it took to reply.

I bought a 231/dana 20 doubler so thats going in

181 - 188 of 188 Posts