Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Every time I read this thread you're going a different direction with it. Is it not getting parted out now?

Are you going LS because you have the 4.0 and not the 318? I read back through the first page but didn't see much mention of what you have as far as motor, just that it's rebuilt.

How does it do on those steep climbs with your current wheelbase?
I have alot going on in my life right now I am juggling a possible move across country and what to do if I dont like el paso when I fly down to tour the plant and work in it for a month. If I like the plant I am fine with selling the rig or parting out and starting over again while down there. If it doesn't sell I will bring it with me and part out down there, building a new rig sitting on the sterling rear airs and depending on the chassis either a 99-04 60 if it is going to be a yj or 05+ if it is a another minivan or tj. If I come home and dont like el paso I am looking at the ls swap because the chassis has alot of electrical issues so I would need to fully rewire it and go to a non security harness with the 318. If I am already doing wiring I wouldn't mind doing a ls so I can pick up another 70 hp and a better trans either a th350 or sm465 along with a doubler. And if I stay I would like to do something for a longer wheel base to keep it more stable and less like it wants to come back over on itself once the nose is skyward.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Old rear shaft got cut and sleeved again. The collar sleeve worked well but it got hit hard as I came down a ledge so I chopped it and hammered in some 1.75x120 wall tubing and called it good.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Went to el paso came home and been wheeling the buggy mostly videos that I will eventually be stitching together. I am going to pick up a 60 either this weekend or next.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Prepping to be the smallest rig on the trail tomorrow. Every one else is on 43 and 40 stickies

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Blew up the zj again broke a link mount. I'm repairing that and the driveshaft. I bought a new xj to transfer the party too. The trailer queen life is not for me. I am caging it and throwing some super duty tons under it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Blew up the zj again broke a link mount. I'm repairing that and the driveshaft. I bought a new xj to transfer the party too. The trailer queen life is not for me. I am caging it and throwing some super duty tons under it.

I learned that a long time ago when I built a track only drag car. I enjoy running to town with the wife and kids almost as much as wheeling. The only reason I would make my Jeep not street legal is if I built another similar rig....

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I learned that a long time ago when I built a track only drag car. I enjoy running to town with the wife and kids almost as much as wheeling. The only reason I would make my Jeep not street legal is if I built another similar rig....
After a long and hard look at my life I have bad news for my jeep building. I am not able to afford another one ton build. However I can promise that this wont be a plain Jane cookie cutter build. A cage and decent homebrew suspension will be part of my plans. I am thinking of a 5 inch lift 30/8.(fill in the blank or whatever falls into my lap) unless a set of tons like my 50/10.5 shows up. My 37s will be staying because I already own them and rims are cheap. I am trying to buy a house this year and cant be dropping tons of cash on tons lol.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
After a few weeks of on and off work the jeeps running and driving alright prepping it to do my 3 link and just waiting now for more parts to fall into my lap.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Making some progress and I am waiting on the hiems and more time.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
:barf: Mids are done and the crossmember is welded in. I got my hiems today and will finish up my arms tomorrow depending on how easily I can remove the bodyside bolts. Also 1.25 inch hiems make all others look like a joke.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #152 (Edited)
40x13.5r17s are on route to my house now, plans have changed.
60/10.5 artec truss and ruffstuff simple swap kit are sitting on the floor at the shop waiting for me to get to work.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I just read through this entire thread. Do you ever just come up with a plan and stick to it? :laughing:
No. I have bad impulse control and a free to me 60/10.5 is free. I was already at the point of needing to rebracket the 30 anyway so fuck it run it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Shhhhiiiiiieeetttt

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
It's on it's own weight again down to minor stuff including my bumper and filling fluids.

Some cheap tech for people. I used f150 rear shocks as fronts they were 25 bucks a piece and I had all the stuff I needed to adapt to the adapt the shock eyes and they are 11 inch travel. I have zero clue where the lift ended up, something like 4.5 in the front and 5.5 in the rear I think it will come down nicely once I have loaded it up with tools a winch and the dirtbound bumper. I went with the cheap shocks because I have zero clue where it will end up once I have the tons going under it, at that point I will order some nice shocks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Good weekend last Saturday and Sunday. This thing wheels amazing. The tons are coming along and I just need some more time/cash.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Tons are being geared now

141 - 160 of 188 Posts