Pirate 4x4 banner

161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Rebuilt the t case with a sye and and bent up some shock hoops. They are long because I plan on going coilovers with a 5 inch stretch this winter and dont feel like cutting them off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Oh and it's been driving around.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Been driving it locked the front end and been wheeling it. It does its job quite well even if I have been doing mild stuff. Up next is hydro assist

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Are you running straight heims or offset heims for he steering to clear in stock knuckle holes?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Are you running straight heims or offset heims for he steering to clear in stock knuckle holes?
Straight gm tre with a ruffstuff diff cover. I get 8 inches of throw out of it but that's maxed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Took it out for a mild day of wheeling with a few guys from my club. Working on a traction bar now but I really enjoy driving this thing. It did 120 miles each way with minor issues. I need to get a handle on axle wrap as it is noticable in cabin.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
My tires are at 6 psi in those pics they are brand new load range d tires.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I've had to daily this thing for a week and a half and it's been doing ok. I need to replace the steering box but the guy who rebuilt the box is exchanging it as this one has too much slop and pops. I wheeled it today in a friends backyard and the hydro assist is lightyears better than what I had.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Thanks man
The backyard is awesome. They gave me a huge raise at work so I am saving towards land of my own.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
I got the jeep out to one last trip, with the hydro assist it was pretty nice. I built a traction bar but will be remaking the lower link bar when I stretch the shit box. These tires are very meh I'm hoping they break in soon otherwise I'll have to sell. They would be better for some one who wheels out in az than sloppy new england. Oh and the motor puked up a coolant/oil smoothie and metal in the oil pan. And then on the way out overheated to 260 degrees and ran like dog shit. So time for the motor and trans to get swapped.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Bought tubing, a new welder and worked on the xj

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
New motors in, new shoes, and a clean shop

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I like the nittos, but why the change?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Because the patagonias wouldnt hook if it was wet, snowy, or muddy. Being out of new england that just wasn't working.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Wheeled it. I like the tires and stick, but need to fix the race car feeling of no interior and the lack of comfortable seating.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Built a rear bumper and bought then built a rogue fab bender

161 - 180 of 188 Posts