"We should start the "white RR on blocks in the driveway club"

We could be a small but elite group of sophisticated English white trash."

I'm thinking it would be a pretty good idea. Here's my submission for entry:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, now I'm kind of thinking (and I'm half-way serious....)

What do I do with this front axle????

Then...something sick and twisted says: "Hey, what about rear-steer on the 80-inch???"

Whaddya think???

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
well its not on blocks but it should be soon when it gets new axles :D

like you would let me into the club anyways!!!!!!!!! :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Do carports count???

I did a search:flipoff2: and couldn't find the rule book for this new club.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two rules:

1. Own white Range Rover (Alpine White preferably)

2. Must be on blocks

Check, if you can fulfill the criteria you're in.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Now, by no means is this a prerequsite, but it is also helps to have various containers and parts laying arround the qualifing vehicle. This is what distinguishes the hard core form the rest. Much like tatoos for bikers.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Thats true, but I didn't want Mike to feel inadequate for not having grass. His inadequacies have already caused him to build the bigest defender I have ever seen, so I try not to push him.

-Jeff

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
JSBriggs said:
Thats true, but I didn't want Mike to feel inadequate for not having grass. His inadequacies have already caused him to build the bigest defender I have ever seen, so I try not to push him.

-Jeff
I don't think I have seen that side of him yet...but if I did, I probably didn't notice.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Serious One said:
So, now I'm kind of thinking (and I'm half-way serious....)

What do I do with this front axle????

Then...something sick and twisted says: "Hey, what about rear-steer on the 80-inch???"

Whaddya think???

Let, get this straight. You were complaining to me that you wished that Mini Birfs could swap into the LR becasue they are so much stronger(and that concept amazes me ;) ) Now you are planning on swapping a front LR axle in to the 80???
From what little I know about Rovers. hy pinion? If so would it be driving on the coast side of the gears?
Diff placement. if it is passengers side front it would be drivers side rear.. Interesting compound angles for the driveshaft ;)

The sm and a 289 (right??) will break that axle faster than you can imagine.

I like your thinking though ;)

personaly I would find some poor sap to buy it. Then use the money to make a D60 rear..

Ford D60's would be passenger side drop when moved to the rear ;)

I had a friend that used a cruiser front axle on a rear stear application. He broke all of the time..

And he lives in Vegas. Grass is at a premium ;)

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Seems to me that just about anyone who owns a white Rangie would be allowed into this club as they are ALL occasionally on jack stands...

Peace,
Paul

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
PTSchram said:
Seems to me that just about anyone who owns a white Rangie would be allowed into this club as they are ALL occasionally on jack stands...

Peace,
Paul
To qualify, the vehicle in question needs to spend "extended" periods of time out of opperation. No formal definition of extended, but over the weekend to do a brake job doesn't cut it.

RoverOn, pretty close, but it looks to be indoors. In the driveway is one of the requirements.

Ok maybe Im just suffering from garage envy, you can play.

-Jeff

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
JSBriggs said:

To qualify, the vehicle in question needs to spend "extended" periods of time out of opperation. No formal definition of extended, but over the weekend to do a brake job doesn't cut it.

RoverOn, pretty close, but it looks to be indoors. In the driveway is one of the requirements.

Again, this sounds like every Rover I know of... Although I do actually have one in a garage with wheels, but nothing forward of the bulkhead but a rusty lump... Oh yeah, no hydraulics yet either.

Peace,
Paul

Ok maybe Im just suffering from garage envy, you can play.

Thanx!

-Jeff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts