378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone busted an arb or electric locker and how was it done

Thanks for the help
I'am thinking about skipping the whole detroit / easylocker thing:D

·
Registered
416 Posts
a guy up here(dave g) broke his electric locker in his driveway,just driving normal.it was in the rear of his 92-93? 4runner.one of the side gears broke.
i think he just put in a side gear in from a V6 diff and it works fine.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
search the user name "Vonski" if i recall, he had said he had competed for a couple of years with e-lockers at both ends without a problem. broke inners, birfs. whatever.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I ran HP E-lockers at both ends for several years with no problems. One of those was broken when I bought it though, I chalked it up to "anything can happen in a crash". (bought the third member from a junkyard)

Von's been running one in the front of his truck too, that's the one we used for competition for the last two years. Zero problems.

Gotta love the E-lockers.

Edit: I'm now running E-lockers at both ends of the new competition buggy (HP front, low in back). The front E-locker is the same one I had in the front end forever. The bug hasn't been running long enough to really test everything out yet though.

·
nice roach.
5,739 Posts
Broke an arb center pin into 3 pieces a couple years ago, I think a couple of the other guy on here have done the same. I believe that ARB now has an updated/ stronger cener pin which has reduced/ diminished this problem.

Another thread about broken arbs....

-j-rOd

·
Registered
332 Posts
There was a guy at the Chile Challenge that had his 2nd electric locker in 2 weeks and it was broken. I think it was a front D44.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Captain Crunch said:
There was a guy at the Chile Challenge that had his 2nd electric locker in 2 weeks and it was broken. I think it was a front D44.
Pretty big difference between that and a Toyota electric locker, but that's interesting info. Doesn't sound too good....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts