Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My off road rat rod 90 is going to be a feature vehicle at this years SEMA show in Vegas. land Rover monthly has asked me to display it, and since SEMA is a gear heads dream how could I refuse. besides i get a 6 week road trip out of it:D
Hope to drop in on some of you guys on the route west.

have a great day.

Kevin "dances with trees" Willey

·
Registered
418 Posts
A "real Rover"??? Your Rover is the biggest piece of shit 90 I've seen to date!
Wow! You're a dick, aren't you.

It appears that he was referring to the fact that a 90 would be on display at SEMA, instead of the usual Range Rover Sport RadExtreme (tm) done up in gold lame with 22" chrome dubs etc. I don't think he was suggesting that his own personal 90 was particularly emblematic of the marque as a whole or of that particular model. But do show us photos of the marvelous and iconic iteration of the 90 that you yourself must own.:flipoff2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like the Steal Your Face on the back (my series has a stealie)

I will be at SEMA for 3 days... look forward to seeing your rig.

cheers,

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Be sure to stock up on your meds. We do not need any incidents associated with your visit.

Not really any need to stop by here, nothing new to see.

JP

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
I'm going to demonstrate my powers of prophecy...

...If RPR sleeps with his invalid mother, he's going to make some obscure reference to megalomaniacs and a GED website four posts down from here.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Dan doesn't like Kevin, can you tell?

Way too many Rover-heads seem to be Dead Heads as well :flipoff2: I'm surprised some of us can find our ways off the trail, but maybe, it's the experience of getting out of the parking lot.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Slade - you're welcome:D

DieLucas - I'm going to try to do this slow, so that even you can understand it. The point, unless Dances with Whatever is in fact a screaming megalomaniac (in which case....never mind), is that the reference to a "real" Rover meant that a model used in anger offroad would be represented at SEMA for once instead of one more likely to be found in the drug seizure police auction, or the Greenwich Day School parking lot. The "real" Rover comments refers to the model, rather than its ownership by whichever wood- nymph is in question.

If this is still hard to grasp, may I suggest that you have someone help you read from this site:

http://www.passged.com/:flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Don't know Kevin - don't care. But....

He's right. Having been a regular at SEMA up to about 3 years ago, it would be a pleasure to actually see a Rover of some kind that had a connection to the roots of the brand. After FMC took over the LR name, I never even bothered to look twice at what they passed off as a LR - my interest was on whatever the aftermarket guys had in the parking lot ($G was always good for some interest, until they started pushing Super Duties with MT dullies as product).

Whether Kevin is a dick or a saint, I'm glad SEMA will show his truck.

·
Banned
397 Posts
But do show us photos of the marvelous and iconic iteration of the 90 that you yourself must own.:flipoff2:
I don't own a 90. I can't afford a nice 90. Actually, it's not that I can't afford it, I just refuse to pay $25k+ 10-year old truck.

.......course, I could have purchaed one for what I just paid for a new lawn mower.

But, if I was going to buy one, this would be it right here.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Kevin thinks it a real rover because he built it from parts. And outfitted it to his specifications with what he had available to him. Mad Max would be proud. He runs the same trails that we all do and has $ left from his build to put fuel in it as well.

Dchapman. if you spent less $ on wild women and booze you could own JP's truck. Or better yet. Buy an old MOD D90 like Kevein did and show us your skills bringing one back. It might keep you out of the bars for a year or so, and give you a little respect for what it takes to put one of these together from scratch. If you do, let me know so I can buy more stock in Nitrile glove producers. Better yet tell me what brand you buy. I'm sure a pretty boy like you is not going to get his hands that dirty.:flipoff2:

He can defend himself on the thing. Some things I like about it, and plenty I do not. But I repect anyone who takes the time to build one from scratch.

Give me both barrels Dchapman. I like it rough.

·
Banned
397 Posts
Hehe, actually I have built a truck from scratch. I've also learned it's not worth it. It was a 1983 Toyota Trekker. First time around it had a 22re, 5-speed, 6" lift, locked f/r, Marfield axles, etc....

In it's day it was a beast on it's big bad 33's, lol.

It's still around today. But, it's drasticly different. Nevertheless, the bondo is still holding.

Oh, and I have both latex (safegrip) and nitrile (Delta). But, if you ever catch me working on a vehicle with gloves on (unless it's cold) I'll give you $500.00.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
I'm not the last bit embarrassed to say I wear gloves in the shop. It's one of the few good habits I learned working for dealers.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.