Pirate 4x4 banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Some things I like about it, and plenty I do not. But I repect anyone who takes the time to build one from scratch.
That just about sums it up for me.

I'm just jealous ARB never displayed the CrewCab at SEMA like they were going to try to do. When they realized the length of my truck was the length of their floor space, they opted to display other stuff. :bawling:

·
Registered
264 Posts
That just about sums it up for me.

I'm just jealous ARB never displayed the CrewCab at SEMA like they were going to try to do. When they realized the length of my truck was the length of their floor space, they opted to display other stuff. :bawling:
x2. that is a nice custom rig and I know that's been outta the mall parking lot a time or two :p

·
Banned
397 Posts
Word on the street is LR will have something new on the floor at SEMA. Preliminary reports made it sound pretty fu*kin kool, too.

No, not a Defender.

Details are still coming in on the red phone......

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
I don't own a 90. I can't afford a nice 90. Actually, it's not that I can't afford it, I just refuse to pay $25k+ 10-year old truck.

.......course, I could have purchaed one for what I just paid for a new lawn mower.

But, if I was going to buy one, this would be it right here.
Stacking rocks is gay.

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well well what happened there chimpman, did they kick you off disko weeb too.

no for some reason he doesn't like me, no idea why, never met the dude in real life.

Thanks Pendy for the kind words, I am fixing the electrical.

Of course I am a megalomaniac, but I am putting my beastie in SEMA because she is a truck that is USED, just wish it was more regular.
there should be a rule about deadhead stickers, you have to smoke your body weight first, then you get the sticker, and if you can remember where you put the truck, you can put it on the truck, or at least try.

When Pendy said bring it back, he meant from the ground up as in no two pieces touching.

Now lets get back to bashing me, it's fun.:D:laughing::D

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
When Pendy said bring it back, he meant from the ground up as in no two pieces touching.
I may hate you, I may hate your mother, heck, I may even hate your dog. But, if you've built a truck up from 'no two pieces touching', then you have my respect.

BTW, I don't hate your dog. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congratulations, Trees. I for one, or two, lol; think it's great they picked your truck. As in our previous conversations, I've always had a lot of respect for you, and what you've done with your trucks. It's great to see a company pick a Rover that represents the attitude and lifestyle of the "real" Rover owners, instead of the posers and wana-be's. Don't sweat the Hater(s), just laugh about joining the club. I think that's kind of like the advice you gave me once, a long time ago. LMAO!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The original build was fun, got the truck April 1st, back on the road for the end of June, because someone said I could never do it, silly people.
I then took it for a test drive to Pendy's place via Nashville, because a buddy was being re-located to Bagdad and i couldn't let him go without some Canadian beer. Nashville is on the way to Kansas from Ottawa isn't it? Been changing this and that ever since.
Pendy didn't like my wiring so I am re-doing the whole harness. I am going to stop by because you say nothing has changed which means you don't want me scavenging for old parts. :D Besides i have to be there for a Friday to go to the Boeing store.

I was wondering why the dog was walking funny.
gotta laugh, life is way too short and if someone is trashing me I must be doing something right. Just wait till I get my 55 Chevy pickup finished. 600 hp diesel, going to make a great tow rig, or maybe the corps hawler I am looking at:D

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Ive never met you either, but you look familiar, I cant quite place it.

[humming]Oh the posh posh traveling life, the traveling life for me[/humming]

-Jeff

·
Banned
397 Posts
well well what happened there chimpman, did they kick you off disko weeb too.

no for some reason he doesn't like me, no idea why, never met the dude in real life.

Thanks Pendy for the kind words, I am fixing the electrical.

Of course I am a megalomaniac, but I am putting my beastie in SEMA because she is a truck that is USED, just wish it was more regular.
there should be a rule about deadhead stickers, you have to smoke your body weight first, then you get the sticker, and if you can remember where you put the truck, you can put it on the truck, or at least try.

Now lets get back to bashing me, it's fun.:D:laughing::D
Never met you?? LOL, so how would I get a pic so close up of I've never met you??? You were one of the Steve Young wannabes. I met you at MAR and the MAR before that. We were all laughing at you! Come on, you remember! Even took your picture while you were looking like a dork.

When is that 600hp POS gonna be ready?? You've been talking about it for 1.5 years.

Still, even if you "built your truck", it looks like shit. Did you get that Nerf out of a handicap stall at Wal-Mart?? Come on, man! It looks like ass.

Personally, I like how you screwed the temp gauge to the A piller, Classic! Nice work there!. Sure reflects on how the rest of the truck is built....

Come on, tell us how you sagged out a pair of new RTE springs again! And how the insurance companies are regulating bumpers now. I need a bed time story.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sorry, can't remember you, you obviously didn't make much of an impression.
I guess you don't like Steve either, and the MAR, I drive down early to help set-up and then work the whole event helping folk out who find themselves in over their head, and attempt to reign in the fools who simply think they can do whatever they want.
The picture was at a request of a very pretty lady who works for Land Rover Monthly, my editor actually.
I never parked in a handicapped spot, they are there for people who need them, and contrary to popular belief Land Rover ownership is not a recognized handicap.
I rarely shop at Wal-Mart, I do not want to support a mega corporation who treat their staff so poorly and put small business, out of business all in the name of profit.
Bumpers are regulated by the Department of Transportation in the US, you can find a copy of the regulations on the SEMA site. Just to help you out the key statement is, and I paraphrase, Federal regulations that prohibit modifications that have a negative effect on safety equipment features.
Insurance companies only take our money and then raise the rates because of what some yahoos do, are you one of them?
Please educate me what on earth does the type/condition/selection of parts have to do with homosexuality, I always thought that was a lifestyle choice. You should really widen your horizons, sexual orientation has nothing to do with the person and how they interact with the Land Rover community in general. Are you in the closet? Is that why you are so bitter?

I re-state, I have never met you, ever. Taking a picture of me does not constitute an introduction. Laugh away, that means I am succeeding, i make a point of trying to bring a smile to someone every day.
I am also kind to animals, and take in homeless kids, help old ladies across the street, but only if they want to, they get nasty if they really don't want to go.

Steve Young wanna be, that is interesting, can't wait to tell him that one, he is going to get a really good laugh.
Here is something for you to do, since you seem to know everything about him, surprise yourself, Plug in Steve Young, Washington, he lived there for years, into all the big search engines, not just google use some of the other as well, get the whole story. You will probably still bash him, but at least you will be informed.

Once again, glad i was able to bring laughter into your life. :D:laughing::D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hi Jeff

I get that all the time, far too many people to remember, maybe at the National one time or another? jamanji? In a very sick dream where people dress in funny? maybe it was in my past life as a GIS consulatant?
Dead head strikes again...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Rats, I really need more coffee before I reply, keep forgeting bits.
Yes the 55 project is taking a while, you see the Nova clip that is on the frame now will in no way stand up to the torque of a diesel motor @600Hp/1000lb/ft torque. I have had to engineer a new frame for it and since I am old school I do it all on paper. i only do the computer simulation after I think I have it correct.
Since i have been dealing with Clinical Depression, an imbalance of brain chemistry for tha last year or so, things are not progressing as quickly as I had hoped.

21 - 40 of 212 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.