Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a lightly roachy 92 runner, 22re, automagic. Horribly cracked exhaust manifold, so I picked up a Thorley tri-y header from a local. Got that on, and the trans dipstick tube is rubbing on the inside of the collector.

Can I just give it a bit of a wack with a hammer, or pry out of contact and not worry, or should I be looking for some sort of a universal flexible unit?

·
Premium Member
29,407 Posts
give it a wack with the hammer for clearance and call it a day, just make sure it isn't making contact because that sounds like it could make a smokey mess at times

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The smokey/firey mess is exactly what concerns me. I was pretty sure that would be the case, but wasn't sure if there was some solution I hadn't considered. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
The smokey/firey mess is exactly what concerns me. I was pretty sure that would be the case, but wasn't sure if there was some solution I hadn't considered. Thanks.
It is a 2 piece tube isn't it? How about a hand held tube bender and give it a couple degrees if too worried about it. I personally would hit it with a pry bar if it were mine and cross fingers I don't fuck it up.

·
Registered
575 Posts
is it hitting the collector, or the collector flange? If it is hitting the three bolt collector flange, then take it by the muffler shop and have them cut that dumb flange off and replace it with something more compact. those three bolt thorley collector flanges are junk, leak, and are an odd ball size that you can't find gaskets for locally.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it hitting the collector, or the collector flange? If it is hitting the three bolt collector flange, then take it by the muffler shop and have them cut that dumb flange off and replace it with something more compact. those three bolt thorley collector flanges are junk, leak, and are an odd ball size that you can't find gaskets for locally.
The collector. And I had a very easy time finding the flange gasket, had my choice of three hanging on the wall at the local jobber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts