Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fawk fawk fawk fawk fawk!!

doing my pre-comp once over on teh buggy today, and while i was under it checking bolt's i noticed the bellhousing and the RingR were seperated ever so slightly, the bolt's in teh bellhousing backed off!!! a few are missing!!! the damn thing's been holding in there by the input bearing of the tranny since sometime while i was @ the hammers...

i didn't even tear into it yet... just finished everything else i wanted to get done...

fawking great, i hope the thread's are ok!

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
You want some cheese with that whine:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

you are lucky that it did'nt fawk any thing else how much time till the next comp

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nozuk said:
You want some cheese with that whine:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

you are lucky that it did'nt fawk any thing else how much time till the next comp

i leave wed morning...

hey fatty... drill and tap... not what i wanted to do!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Now if you left that thing in the garage, like my zuk, nothing would break!!!!:D :D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zuk88 said:
Now if you left that thing in the garage, like my zuk, nothing would break!!!!:D :D

if i was gonna go that route i woulda left the 15 grand in teh bank too :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Can You say LOCKTITE RED

I hope that you didn't mess up anything. good luck in the Comp :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Orionn said:
Can You say LOCKTITE RED

I hope that you didn't mess up anything. good luck in the Comp :D
when i was a manager at autozone,we had a bunch of samples of red and blue loctite. i mixed them together and got purple loctite. that is the twice as good as the red loctite. that is what i use all the time now

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Fine can you say loctite purple :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this story's only getting better i gotta say...

tearing the thing down today to tighten and replace the bolt's, i find a hole punched in the bellhousing where one of the bolt's that backed out caught the pressure plate and went for a ride!! the inside of the bellhousing's galled up and the pressure plate looks like a 10yr old with aginder got ahold of it!!!

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
DSI said:
this story's only getting better i gotta say...

tearing the thing down today to tighten and replace the bolt's, i find a hole punched in the bellhousing where one of the bolt's that backed out caught the pressure plate and went for a ride!! the inside of the bellhousing's galled up and the pressure plate looks like a 10yr old with aginder got ahold of it!!!
That sucks dave!!

You going to make it? You need anything? PM me if i can help you out...

Also, just got word back today....No rims:(

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Are the threads still in the RingR?

Was is just bolts backed off, or did they tear out?

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's already back together... fawk it... i'm going to run it till the bellhousing breaks in half... and the clutch still work's fin, no damage to teh spring's or fingers, just looks a wee bit chewed up, but on the brighter side, i did get the damned 90wt leak in my 300 adapter fixed :D

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Oh ya nothing like a little 90w bath :flipoff2: It is going to be fun when ever we have to replace that clutch those bolts are chewed. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts