·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question and need a little help with this
i just replaced my AAP because i noticed thae Glass sight would go empty after
seting for a little while
well it still goes empty after changing the AAP :confused:
so what should i change or look for next ?
also i need to adjust the Float and replace the needle how much of the dam carb do i have to take apart to get to it
Thanks
Silor

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
When you removed vac hose to the aap did fuel come out? Did you use new or used unit? Try capping off vac port and see if it still does it.

Removing top of carb is cake just watch for those little clips that hold the choke valve linkage together. I have had trouble with screw that goes right between barrels i'd soak that sucker with penetrating oil and be careful not to strip. :D

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K AAP diafram is all that i changed
when i removed the vac alittle gas came out
so i pulled the cover and changed the diafram it did help with the the VAC boost
and it does run a little better but still leaks down me main CONCERN is cylnder washdown

ill try to plug the vac lines
Silor
anybody got any more info

·
Registered
247 Posts
Did you put the gasket on the carb body side or the cover side of the diaphram? I always glue the gasket to the diaphram.
Have you checked for any gas leaks?
I have had to straighten bent covers to stop gas leaks.

Marlin

·
Banned
10,335 Posts
The only other thing I can think of, other than a bad aap is a worn needle valve. The float controls this valve, a little rubber tipped sucker... if it's worn it'll allow the gas in the float chamber to leak out into the intake.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
flecker said:
The only other thing I can think of, other than a bad aap is a worn needle valve. The float controls this valve, a little rubber tipped sucker... if it's worn it'll allow the gas in the float chamber to leak out into the intake.
Any pic of this pice that you talk of. Is it one of the long pins that come in the rebuild kit ?
or the gold small needle with the little black tip on it ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts