Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Last time I checked a firing pin was a pretty easy swap out. :D

Just like a 1911. Within 20 minutes you can swap firing pin, extractor and barrel. Lo and behold, new gun. :shaking: Retarded legislators.

·
Premium Member
30,199 Posts

Just like a 1911. Within 20 minutes you can swap firing pin, extractor and barrel. Lo and behold, new gun. :shaking: Retarded legislators.
Easily covered by requiring that all firing pin replacements be done by a state certified gunsmith.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts

That's not the point. The point is to stop the sale of firearms in the state.

Remember Make Model AND SER# That means changing the tooling for EVERY single Firearm made on the line.

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
:mad3:So no more out of state transfers period I'm guessing? Whats next banning pistol grips on pistols? Well at least we have until 2010 to buy as much as possible out here!

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Gun Makers need to stand up to this shit and just refuse to sell to Cali.
thats all fine and dandy till 1x1 the other 49 states start to adopt this asinine law , they just don't get it , it will not stop the criminals , they don't buy guns legally anyways , microstamping can and will be altered just like filing off the serial #'s , it is a big waste of the tax payers money:mad3:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

no need to even swap. every 1911 firing pin I've ever seen was pretty round on the striking side and needed reshaping for a nice deep strike on the primer. I couldn't tell you about other weapons.

another thing I was thining about is if the gun companies DO switch to this microprinting, are they goint to have 2 separate parts for ca guns and non, or is every gun going out the door going to be stamped?

-scott

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
no need to even swap. every 1911 firing pin I've ever seen was pretty round on the striking side and needed reshaping for a nice deep strike on the primer. I couldn't tell you about other weapons.

another thing I was thining about is if the gun companies DO switch to this microprinting, are they goint to have 2 separate parts for ca guns and non, or is every gun going out the door going to be stamped?

-scott

Remains to be seen, as does the "other interior surfaces". I can see the chamber in the barrel but what else has the pressure to mark brass other than the extractor?

Or is every semiauto out there going to have to ding brass on ejection? :laughing:

Makes me glad I'm on the other coast sometimes although I miss Huntington.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts