Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guys had requested some pics of my rig who were building something similar...cj5 springs in the rear, yj up front, soa...the rest should be in the sig.

I will listen to any ideas you guys have for me...remember im about broke now...

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got ot have tuff as balls sliders for fender exit headers...the rear tire is strating to come off the gound and the jack started to tilt so i stopped jacking...Its also nice not to see your muffler right there..

Attachments

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
Looks nice, how are you getting 90" wheelbase? It looks like the axles are pretty close to the stock positions?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The frame has been extended about 10 inches up front plus a 3 inch bumper and the shackle mount is all the way out to the bumper.

The rear fenders have been trimmed out a bit...its actaully closer to 88 right now because when I went with the 9 inch its pumpkin is so much shorter I had to move it up a couple of inches so the woody shaft would still work..i dont have money to get a new cv or to get that one made longer right now...if you know what i mean.

If I move the rear back out to 90 I will have to do more trimming..and i dont want to cut the whole ass end out so I will wheel it how it is and see if I like it.

I wil change my sig for you after I get a accurate measure of where it is at right now but Im sure its right at 88 possibly 87

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
46willys said:
I wil change my sig for you after I get a accurate measure of where it is at right now but Im sure its right at 88 possibly 87
You don't have to do that :rasta: just curious since it looks pretty close to stock. I suspect that you're going to have to do a bunch more trimming in the rear even if you leave the axle where it is. the wheel doesn't look like it will have enough rearward movement room under full compression.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they dont tuck to bad.

The spring is pretty negative in that position anyhow so I might had bump stops before I cut anymore out.

Thanks for the ideas though

TUCK

Attachments

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Looks pretty cool. I am also close to finishing a Willys project. I will probably do a write up when I am finished. Here are the pics -

You can't tell from the pictures, but it has 4-wheel steer.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Uh..... am I the only one that noticed the steering on that thing?:eek: :eek: :eek:That drag link looks kinda scary. Is it just me?????

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ding ding ding we have a winner....

I was waiting on a comment about the z link....its only temporary...I ran out of money so I took my old tre's and fabbed it up in my HF bender...hasnt been seeing the road...I am still undicided between reaming knuckles for bigger TRE's or going with hiems...I will make up my mind before she sees to much road action...However I have wheeled the z-link and it appears to be holding up to all I can dish out.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The front axle is out of a 1979 cherokee chief, long side is narrowed to scout width for a total width of 60.5 inches.

The rear is out of an Early Bronco, the disk brakes add a little on each side so its right around 58.5 inches.

The wheels are from rockstomper and are 1.5 inch backspacing...I didnt want beadlocks with flipped rims but i may end up getting some regular backspaced beadlocks one of these days with some "real tires" then I will be a little more narrow but i will live with it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
On the steering: I totally understand. I don't know enough to offer an opinion, but as long as the end result is safe, right? :D:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts