Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off whats up everyone Im Brandon. New here to the pirate forum and forum world in general. I run suzuki samurai of America on Facebook and instagram.

I'm about to start my Soft top build and have a complete VW 1.9L TDI passat donor car and am getting a early Toyota trans for strength and also duel transfer case application. I've been seen alot on both end of people having problems with their ACME kit and also on how everyone loves their ACME kit. As expensive as these kits are I also know about Jeff's outstanding customer service. What is everyone's main concern with the VW TDI marriage to the Toyota transmission using the ACME kit?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Lack of locating dowel pins for either motor or trans. Also, the bottom is open to let all sorts of crap in.

Look at diesel conversions adapter. Much better quality.

https://www.dieselconversion.com/adapter-plate-toyota-w56-to-1998-2002-vw-1-9-tdi.html

If I had not bought mine all ready, I would have gone with theirs. I will be making mine a full circle and closing the bottom. I will also be adding a few more bolts as it doesn't have enough.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yep, and the miss-alignment issues have the combo destroying clutches. This has been a problem for the Acme Samurai / vw diesel adapters for some too. Not everyone that has done the Acme swap on their Samurai has experienced problems tho. Seems the guys doing Acme to Toy conversions have the most miss-alignment related complaints.

This issue is an ongoing thread / discussion on Zuwharrie. I'm pretty sure that Jeff @ Acme is reading these threads.......but, he remains suspiciously quiet on the subject.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts