Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, monday we were cruzing on the freeway to cabellas in the tracker, we stop to get gas then all of a sudden it starts acting real weird and wouldnt hold idle. so we cleared it out a couple times;) but it kept up, almost like it had jumped a tooth on the timing belt like last time, so we head back twards home, get about 10 miles then the fucker died, it made that " freewheeling" sound when you tried to start it,sounded just like the other snapped timing belt. but the belt is fine... it seams like it os only getting compression on 1 cylinder... what should I try next??

~Nate~

BTW it is a 96 tracker 1.6 ltr 16 valve, auto trans, fawking thing is pissing me off:mad: :mad: give me a ford any day:flipoff2:

·
Registered
729 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 1.3. Sheared the pin on the crank pulley. May want to check that too.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm assuming that that would cause the distributor rotor to not spin, if so then I guess thats our problem:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
It could be the distributor. Checking this may be easier, and to remove the cam you have to remove the distributor anyway.

Does the cam rotate?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts