Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got actual measurements for the large and small Rubicon Express Superflex Joints? i need them because i want to begin building my parts for my SAS, but i don't have the cash to spring for the joints yet, also, need to know which ones i SHOULD get and won't know that until i know their sizes. thanks for info. ps-checked RE site, nada, checked a couple other sites, nada, called a couple local shops, nada. thanks for info again.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
The big ones are 2-5/8" in diameter and the joint body is 1-7/8" wide. Then as Stinkbug said, the part the bolt goes through is 2-5/8" wide and uses a 9/16" bolt.

·
Registered
7,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the numbers. makes things a lot easier to get started.

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Are the big joints up to the task of dealing with 42's and a D60/14bolt? Are they comparable to the average rod end for strength?

FYI - I know the design of the links will affect the stresses put on the joints.

·
Registered
518 Posts
ErikB said:
The big ones are 2-5/8" in diameter and the joint body is 1-7/8" wide. Then as Stinkbug said, the part the bolt goes through is 2-5/8" wide and uses a 9/16" bolt.

Eriks got it right when i asked this same question people gave me all sorts or stupid answers. cuz 2 1/2" is not 2 5/8ths

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
My measurments were just the peice of tube, not the part the bolt goes through.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
J Bruce said:
Are the big joints up to the task of dealing with 42's and a D60/14bolt? Are they comparable to the average rod end for strength?

FYI - I know the design of the links will affect the stresses put on the joints.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they are stronger than a rod end, comparing them dollar for dollar. I have been running them for two years with rockwells and 44s and other than greasing them 6 or 8 times, I have had no trouble out of them. I have seen a few expensive rod ends break while running the same trails.
A buddy of mine ran rod ends on his track bar and broke them fairly often. He changed to the RE joints and hasn't broken one yet (he did bend the track bar though). ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.