Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting tired of paying shops to work on my ex just to end up being unsatisfied/ripped off/lied to. Ive been through 2 shops since May. First time around was getting a BDS 10" installed. Front end wasn't aligned correctly and the rear shock lower mounts weren't angled properly which blew the shocks within a short time. Second shop I went to I got them to add 4" inches of lift to clear some 44's I bought. Shackles up front and added a block in the rear. Ended up getting different shocks than what I paid for and its not enough lift to clear the 44's. Long story shot I want to add leafes myself so I don't have to go through that hassle of another shop and so I can clear my tires.

I'd like to go at least 3 more inches. Ive never installed a lift before, but im not a stranger to automotive work at all. Im figuring I could just add leafes to front and rear rather than just leafes up front and a taller block out in the back. Would the veterans suggest this be done by someone that's never done it before?

Heres a list of other parts that I think will need to get it done:
Longer/adjustable trac bar.
Longer shocks
longer u bolts.
longer sway bar links.
longer drive shafts.
Please add in if I missed anything? Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
In on the first page before the HGTD

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
you don't need a front driveshaft, just use some baling wire to string up a piece of PVC so it looks like it is there

Oh, and to get extra lift just droop the suspension out and then weld the leaves together at the ends. It'll be a lot more stable on the road, your shocks will last longer, and you won't need the sway bars at all.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
you don't need a front driveshaft, just use some baling wire to string up a piece of PVC so it looks like it is there

Oh, and to get extra lift just droop the suspension out and then weld the leaves together at the ends. It'll be a lot more stable on the road, your shocks will last longer, and you won't need the sway bars at all.
^This is what I did to my truck when I put on the 47" LTB's. I just wish they made Thornbirds in bigger sizes. :(

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Lets get this straight. According to your post you have 14 inches of lift and are looking to add another 3 inches. Why the hell do you need so much lift. Are you the closet type living out his fantasy by playing in the "mud hole"?

·
Premium Member
4,085 Posts
Cut out flares and 8" will clear 46" claws on a superduty. Search in the ford forum there's a good build in there of a very nice excursion. But its more work then you are probably capable of if you need to take your truck to a shop to have some banana springs installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts