Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I break somthing expensive, and look real stupid doing it, I need to make a adjustment to my steering set-up.
Does anybody know how to limit the stroke of a 2"x8"x1" hyd.cyl. to about 4" total stroke? it needs to be around the approximate center of the original stroke. I'm sure I can find a piece of tubing/pipe or something I can fit over the rod between the piston and the end cap of the cylinder (to limit extension), but I need ideas on what to do at the closed end (to limit retraction)...can I just throw a piece of 1.25-1.50" tubing of the correct length in the cylinder (as a stop) before I put the piston/rod assy. in? is there a typical way hydraulic techs do this?...

ps.
I need to have this done today or tomorrow, so I probably won't have time to order something special..

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
most farm supply stores have limiting spacers
that have a temporary-type spring/holder on
an aluminum puck that goes over the rod on
the cylinder. this will adjust for retraction
of the cylinder.

good luck,

Sherpa

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out...I ended up welding a 3/4" nut on the end of the piston to limit the retraction, it don't get much easier than that. : ) , then I used a 3" piece of 1/8" wall alum. tube for the extension stop, I figure the alum. will be easier on the rod if it slides back and forth some. Now just a little fine tuning at the knuckle adjusters and I'm golden. : )

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Originally posted by dirtrod:
<STRONG>I figured it out...I ended up welding a 3/4" nut on the end of the piston to limit the retraction, it don't get much easier than that. : ) , then I used a 3" piece of 1/8" wall alum. tube for the extension stop, I figure the alum. will be easier on the rod if it slides back and forth some. Now just a little fine tuning at the knuckle adjusters and I'm golden. : )</STRONG>

HOLY SHIITE you said Golden!!!
hahaha untill now me and my buddies were the only ones I know who even Got IT!!

But now we have changed to "Stainless"
lol

BTW Good Idea

1 - 4 of 4 Posts