Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 96 Pathfinder with the VG33 V6 and M/T. He wants more power - a lot of it. I figure a major tune-up, timing set, etc. are in order. Also, cam, exhaust, intake, and bigger throttle body. I've looked for some sort of forced induction but with no success.

What about nitrous? I was thinking one of the import systems that triggers off the TPS (keep it simple for him to use) would e a good idea. His need for more power is at WOT (highway mostly) so why not?

Anybody here know anything about this particular V6 that I should be aware of? Or another alternative to beef up the Pathy?

Thanks guys.

Hef

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Swap it for a 3.5 out of a new Z or a new Altima, or a new Pathfinder, or a new QX4...
Those 3.3's are dogs.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well you can get the Xterra with the 3.3 supercharged from the factory, but it's still not near as fast as the newer Pathfinder engines. I've seen the superchargers for sale on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Supercharged X's are crap. They aren't hardly any faster than the stock ones IMO.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
You can't put the supercharger on the normal 3.3 anyways unless you only want the engine to last 5000 miles. You can try here also for a few added horses.

www.purenissan.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts