Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
jegs or summit good selection decent pricing .

Baker can kiss my ass:flipoff2: I needed some fitting in a pinch and they proceed to try and rip me off $30 at baker $24 at summit. :flipoff2:

Thier internet pricing is okay . . . . btw I prefer earls to aeroquip. i think they got more bling. I like russels too. . .

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Jegs/summit - I also prefer Earls, used to use Russell because of price, but I had too many problems with them. After comparing russell, Earls, and Areoquip side by side; Earls and Areoquip are much better quality.
I ordered from baker presicion a few times, and the price was good, but it took almost two months to get my parts - summit or jegs I sometimes pay a little more, but I get the parts in three days usually.

·
Premium Member
29,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so what style fittings do you guys use.

i am getting the socketless kind with the blue silicone style hose.

http://www.bakerprecision.com/aqp1.htm

i like the smooth hose cause it is easyer to clean and doesn't get gummed up with crap in the steel braid part. opinions ...............?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
camo said:
where do you guys get your AN fittings and hoses? i have been ordering from www.bakerprecision.com but was curious about other sources.
I just walk out to the shop and grab whatever I need:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I am going to redue my whole truck in the socketless Aeroquip blue hose and fittings. I did my car in the stainless braided with reusable ends and believe me it can get very expensive. I did find that I like Aeroquip hose ends alot better (I think they are alot better design) but for the adapters and other fittings Earls has alot bigger selection and I dont think the quality differance is an issue on those type of parts. I agree with you on using smooth hose at least for a truck. Recently I became a Aeroquip dealer to save some money on my own prodjects, so if you are going to use Aeroquip I should be able beat most anyones prices.
let me know,
John

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Someone on the BBS (yellowsub?) turned me onto Orme Bros. These guys are the shit...Trick hoses are all they do. They have everything, great prices, and are more than willing to help solve our type of weird plumbing issues (metric toyota to Dana 60 etc.). Ten times better than any speedshop retards I have tried.

·
Premium Member
29,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JOHNS351C said:
I am going to redue my whole truck in the socketless Aeroquip blue hose and fittings. I did my car in the stainless braided with reusable ends and believe me it can get very expensive. I did find that I like Aeroquip hose ends alot better (I think they are alot better design) but for the adapters and other fittings Earls has alot bigger selection and I dont think the quality differance is an issue on those type of parts. I agree with you on using smooth hose at least for a truck. Recently I became a Aeroquip dealer to save some money on my own prodjects, so if you are going to use Aeroquip I should be able beat most anyones prices.
let me know,
John
email me a price list for socketless fittings and hose

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
im mid process on converting my zuke buggy to mostly AN and standard fittings.

Ive had to cut many of the hard lines and use a AN 37deg flare/insert to goto AN hoses. For the fuel (tbi) im using the blue hose like you listed, its so simple and with reusable fittings, just need to carry some spare hose.

The brake lines have been a hastle since day 1, toy calipers, with stock zuke MC and some lines, again im just switching it to AN. I chose to use adapters on the calipers rather than tap to npt in case i need to swap out in a pinch, and with caps/plugs its easy to isolate a problem on the system...

my sterring ive got 14mm/16mm adapters and im using -6 TFE hose for the pressure and -6 pushon for the returns, i had to braze a steel an fitting to a cut off pump end casue is got a big ass banjo thing on it... I basically turn it into a AN adapter...

Thanks for the other links guys, ive used summit and other hot rod shop for the odd ball fittings....

I can see how a pure custom buggy with noramal aftermarket parts would much easier to plumb. Summit appears to be picking up more metric fittings as the import market grows...

-yag

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I get most of my stuff at work:flipoff2:
Being a pro mechanic has its advantages. Any good truck shop has a huge selection of AN fittings. And its all free.

At least for me.:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

For what I can not get at work, I go hereAmerican Street Rod

They are out in Rancho Cordova. They have had or could get everything I have ever asked for in plumbing.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Robert said:
I get most of my stuff at work:flipoff2:
Being a pro mechanic has its advantages.
I'm in the same boat as robert as I work in aviation and have access to Areoquip and stratoflex fittings and hose.
I have more fittings and hoses in stock in my garage then the local speed shops have :D

rich

·
Premium Member
79,687 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.