Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, everyone that has wanted HID lights but couldn't spend $300+ per light here you go.

http://www.45ale.com

True HID lights starting at $90, our most expensive light is only $170 for an 8" internal ballast. Lots of different sizes colors and wattage. Let me know what you have and we can most likely convert you exsisting lights.

Our ballast has been specially designed for off-road use. The circuit board on our ballast as been completly potted with epoxy. Customers have had mounted under pontoon boats for 2 years with no problems.

6 Month unconditional electronics warranty, if your not happy, we'll fix it.

Just to get some product out there for comments, 10% off entire order if you mention PBB!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Website link doesnt work... Im ready to test your product and order a bunch of lights. Whats the deal?

·
Registered
862 Posts
man i have been wanting a set, i'm ready to buy aswell:D

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
link

Not sure what is going on with the link it worked fine for me. Give it another try, if it still doens't work let me know. I checked the traffic and there were 500 hits today, so it should be working.

Lights are in stock, feel free to call, we can explain everything. 602-770-7647.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
link worked great 4 me. Nice lights and prices, now I just need $$. Christmas is coming.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump

Might as well bump this back up.

website has all new prices, went out to the sand show and got a bunch of dealers starting to stock our lights and prices have to go up. But if anybody mentions this thread I promise at least old (dealer) pricing if not better.

Also 1 year warranty.

http://www.45al.com

·
FOF
2,864 Posts
The link worked but it quit working while I was looking at my options?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
stupid website

I have no idea what is going on with the website. It works everytime I go to it. But don't worry the lights work much better than the website does. Lurking on PBB is about the extent of my computer knowledge.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The website is http://www.45ale.com if anyone is having trouble. I have a bunch of questions for yah though. Mabye you can answer some of them for me!

-Are you using a h3 bulb in your lights? Or converting the housings for a different base pattern?

-Are your igniters integrated into the ballast?

-Who is the ballast manufacturer? Looks like unknown China style

-Who is the bulb manufacturer? Can not tell by the pics

-The price for a 6" "KC" style light with bulb, 35w ballast, and igniter is $129 correct?

-Have you had a problem of the plastic lens melting yet with the 50w ballast on the 6" "KC" style lights yet?

I have a few HID retrofits to date and just wondering about your stuff! Thanks!
-Brandon

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
answers

Jarvis,

Lets see if i can answer your questions.

- some of the housings use an H3 base. Currently we have 3 different models of h3 bulbs, depending on where the focal point needs to be. 1 of which is the commercially available H3 bulb you can buy a cheap version of on ebay. The other 2 have different "length" light tubes that you can't buy. Thats the problem with converting lights with cheap systems, it will almost always work, but you could get a very odd beam coming out of the light.

- Ballast and bulbs are our own, yes they are chinese. We don't hide the fact, and we don't charge like they are made in the US. The ballast is very similiar to a hella circuit, but we cover the entire ciruit board with epoxy to protect the electronics from getting wet, dirty, or vibrations. Every thing we sell comes with a 1 year warranty.

- Igniter is built into the ballast.

- Yes the 6" round (KC style) is $129, we just came out with a 6" round light with a driving beam. Its not on the website yet, same price.

- None of the lights we sell have plastic reflectors, they are all glass/metal. So no we haven't had anything melt. We don't do 50w rhino/prowler/RZR kits for that reason, I don't think they would melt, but don't want to risk it.

Feel free to ask any other questions, we have nothing to hide. Just a good product at an afforadable price.

Steve

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Jarvis,

Lets see if i can answer your questions.

- some of the housings use an H3 base. Currently we have 3 different models of h3 bulbs, depending on where the focal point needs to be. 1 of which is the commercially available H3 bulb you can buy a cheap version of on ebay. The other 2 have different "length" light tubes that you can't buy. Thats the problem with converting lights with cheap systems, it will almost always work, but you could get a very odd beam coming out of the light.

- Ballast and bulbs are our own, yes they are chinese. We don't hide the fact, and we don't charge like they are made in the US. The ballast is very similiar to a hella circuit, but we cover the entire ciruit board with epoxy to protect the electronics from getting wet, dirty, or vibrations. Every thing we sell comes with a 1 year warranty.

- Igniter is built into the ballast.

- Yes the 6" round (KC style) is $129, we just came out with a 6" round light with a driving beam. Its not on the website yet, same price.

- None of the lights we sell have plastic reflectors, they are all glass/metal. So no we haven't had anything melt. We don't do 50w rhino/prowler/RZR kits for that reason, I don't think they would melt, but don't want to risk it.

Feel free to ask any other questions, we have nothing to hide. Just a good product at an afforadable price.

Steve
you sound like a great stand up guy!

I'll be needing lights one day & will call ya:)

I also trade, see the barter thread in vendors lounge

1 - 16 of 16 Posts