Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you install an adjustable fuel pressuare regulator in series?The instruction that came with the Aeromotive FPR i got does not explain how to install it in series.
Is it as simple as just splicing it to the fuel return line?how about the vacum line ,does it stay on the stock FPR or to the new adjustable one?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Just wondering, why are you installing a jobber FPR, are you replacing the stock FPR? What engine?

The stock FPR, assuming its a Toyota EFI engine, has a vacuum line going to it. Thats important because the purpose of that vacuum FPR is to reduce the fuel pressure at idle. Otherwise, the injectors which are exposed to the intake manifold vacuum will overfuel at idle where vacuum can reach 20"Hg+. Most jobber FPR I've seen are for carburators (because FI engines all have FPR already) and carburator FPR don't come with vacuum controls.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dkc1657 said:
Just wondering, why are you installing a jobber FPR, are you replacing the stock FPR? What engine?

The stock FPR, assuming its a Toyota EFI engine, has a vacuum line going to it. Thats important because the purpose of that vacuum FPR is to reduce the fuel pressure at idle. Otherwise, the injectors which are exposed to the intake manifold vacuum will overfuel at idle where vacuum can reach 20"Hg+. Most jobber FPR I've seen are for carburators (because FI engines all have FPR already) and carburator FPR don't come with vacuum controls.
The jobber i got is for fuel injectec import engines (Rice ) and is going in a 22RE because i'm trying to get more fuel in it. Ever since i built it up(head work,bigger valves ,cam ,exhaust,etc) is been running on the lean side,i have had the injectors cleaned at RC ,replaced the O2 sensors,degreed the cam,adjusted the AFM 4 clicks richer but it is not enough .So the jobber is another step in my quest for a perfect air/fuel mixture

1 - 3 of 3 Posts