Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped my throttle cable today. got it to my church by pulling the choke out till it was idling at about 1500rpm and throwing it in 4lo:D . There were alot of upset people behind me on the west seattle streats today. Anyway, I need to get a throttle cable asap. I am running a Holley 2bbl carb :barf: and it looks to be an aftermarket gas pedal assemlbly. My question is, is anyone running a parts house cable for this settup. Jason M are you out there? I read the cable tread from last year but it never came to a conclusion.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I went to the parts store for my q-jet and rummaged around till I found one that worked... Just ask if you can go look around...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what's lokar

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Go to the nearest bicycle store (or even K mart for that matter). Get a brake cable.
Cut to length ;)

I had that setup on my cruiser for ages.

Just recently I went to the cable from Downey..

The Lokar is nice. But I have never seen one for $25. Mostly because of the neato AL pedal..

p.s. I still think the Holly is a very servicable carb. You just have to do some minor mods ot it to make it work ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Yeah, Jason you beat me to it. Mt. Bike brake cable works good but derailer cable I found holds up a little better because they design it to slide further with finner adjustments to deal with derailer and shifter adjustment. Were the brake cables only slide very short amounts. You can even find telfon dipped cable and shit like that. Hope it helps. Shimano SIS cable not Shimano SLR is what I would get, it is what comes on LX or Shimano XT. XTR is the expensive and to much money. I little shit from the old downhill racing days.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what pedal assembly are you all using with the lokar cable. they were thirty bucks at the local speed shop for a cable, but the pedal ass. to use a clevis pin mount was like 100 bucks. I am considering a new pedal ass. because the braket to hold the cable ripped at the same time. Thanks

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Jegs does have some cheap AL pedal assy that might work. And is fairly cheap. Like $30.
The Downey cable is not that cheap. Like $60 I think. But does attach very well and is long enough for any motor combination I can think of in a cruiser.

The lokar cable is nice. But the dam pedal is VERY expensive for what you get IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts