Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 2002 cr250 and like i always do when i get a bike i stripped it down and greased the bearings, adjusted the spokes, resealed the airbox, etc, etc. the bike shops never set them up right.

anyway i went along my merry way and rode it. it was wet on the rides so far so no problems. i got a factory recall for the airbox to be resealed. so just in case i took it apart and checked it out and made sure it was sealed up good.

well. first dusty ride i rode i got home and there it was. i pulled the airbox and dust was in there. i caled around and found the PC 1 kit. i cleaned up everything, installed the kit and went riding.

guess what? it still had dust going through to the motor, which is wasted now.:mad: so i went to honda pennisula and ordered a new top end. i also looked and some parts on thier computor and cross referanced some parts with the same bolt pattern.

this is what i found and what i did. i still have yet to test it, but i'm 99% sure it's fixed.

i trimed the air box to except the steel cage from a 97 cr500.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have to buy the cr 500 airfilter frame to fit the steel filter holder. the brace in the middle goes up and down rather side to side like the stock built-in plastic flex-o-may=tic engine burning piece OF [email protected]!!!

oops sorry. here is a pic of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
97 cr 250 airbox hose is used to sandwhich around the air box.
this is a better way of sealing because it doesn't pull on any part of the box or rubber hose. it is all sandwhich around the wall of the air box and the airfilter is clamping down on the steel cage not the plastic air box which can flex outwards.

hear is a shot of the lip in which wraps around the wall of the AB.
unfortunatley it's hard to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
then assemble it all with silicone adhesive. bolting it all together. don't forget to use lock washers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
installed on the bike it fit very well i think. there is a little bit of a noticable differance but nothing is binded up nor is anything pressed up against something that may cause rubbing from vibrations.

here is the mono clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and for the last one. a pic of it all in the bike. there is a bit of an air gap between the frame and the hose but that's okay. better than them rubbing.

the list of parts i got for this are as followed.
-1997 cr500 steel filter hold down cage thing(forgot the name)
-1997 cr500 plastic air filter frame(goes inside the filter)
-five nuts and lock washers to bolt it all together with.
-1997 cr250 airbox to carberator hose.
-i bought a new air filter but the stock one should work as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the fix worked sweet. everything held and no leakey.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's was accualy cheaper than the PCI kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not a drop of dust.

and believe me when i say that cheeto was firing all the dust that that 426 would shovel out.

and not a spec in my motor.

happy motor = happy mike

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts