Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 CJ7 with a fairly fresh 304 with a mild offroad cam (don't know the cam specs). It has a custom exhaust, currently sporting a holley projection 2d with closed loop and has an offenhauser 360 intake.

Other stuff: 456 gears, locked all around, running 35's.

I'm so-so about the holley projection. Sometimes it floods, it's a cold-blooded pig, and now suddenly runs extremely lean when cold (at least teh flooding is fixed). I'm going to run through it, see what I can figure out, but I'm interested in getting rid of it.

Propane would be cool, so would retrofitting a chevy tbi. However, in the meantime, I'm on a tight budget (need to do some other things). I'm interested in putting a carb on it, read some nice things about the truck avenger (probably a 670 cfm for this application).

I'm living in southern arizona, rock crawling, angles, low end power are what usually is needed, with some occassional WOT power needed.

What advice does anybody have about this?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I switched from the holley pro-junk to a 670 truck avenger and it was the best thing i could of done. i had the same problem with the pro-junk it was real sparatic in its mixtures. just to make mine run i would have to unplug the temp sensor and that would cause the computer to go into limp mode and it would just dump fuel into the motor......needless to say i really hated it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts