Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount an air tank to my 16 foot trailer. Nothing special there, right? But I was wondering if you can buy air tanks that are longer and skinnier. I was thinking something that was 9" diameter or so and could hold maybe 10 gallons. My reason for wanting a skinnier tank is so I could mount it outside the frame rails and then it wouldn't stick out past the fenders.

I am going to use it just for airing up ATV & motorcycle tires, and maybe add air to a trailer tire if it were low. Currently I take along a 10 gallon air tank, but I want something hard mounted and that is lower profile so I can mount it out of the way.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I deal a lot with Firestone and their air bag kits, so I took a look in their catalog and sure enough......They sell a tank that is 7" in diam. and 44" long. It is a 12 ga. tank and looks like it has 6 different 1/2" npt ports and one 1/4" npt port. I'm sure that it has too many ports for what you want, but you could always use plugs in it and it would give you a few different options for pressure relief valves, inlet, outlet, gauge, etc. etc. Anyhow try looking at www.ride-rite.com

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Look in a semi-truck wrecking yard. Many of them use skinny, long tanks for the air brakes.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
look on air bagging sites (suicidedoors.com is a good one) They usually have long tanks to fit in beds of trucks.

-ben

1 - 4 of 4 Posts