Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatch'a got? air bags dont hardly hold any air.. so pretty much anything will work. Costco has a little roadside compressor but it's 60 bucks and roughly 4"x10"x8". it's not exactly little.

thinkin like a little ARB compressor maybe? anyone have an old rancho 9000 compressor? i did till i threw it away about a week before i bought bags:shaking::homer:

thinkin i could just run the same 1/8" line that came with the bags and have a manual switch, even if it dumps in the cab when released, it'd be better than looking for an air hose everytime i hook up to the trailer

i really want a York but i dont see that happening on my 24v cummins:(

·
Visa Master
2,320 Posts
Uhh...I have a 5gallon tank, autoleveling valve, and a set of firestone bags under the back of my chevy 1ton and can get about a month of street driving before i need to add more air to the tank.

Why don't you try fixing the leaks?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhh...I have a 5gallon tank, autoleveling valve, and a set of firestone bags under the back of my chevy 1ton and can get about a month of street driving before i need to add more air to the tank.

Why don't you try fixing the leaks?
i dont have leaks.... but i load/unload about 2-3 each per month. i have driving empty with 80 psi and i hate hooking up to a trailer with 5lbs and have the bag compress to the point i feel like i'm damaging them.

i guess i could try a 5 gal tank and still hook up a switch? and load unload the bags.. wonder how many times it would work?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
If your 24V is a 2nd gen, Kilby has a kit to mount a York on it.

Pete

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Whatch'a got? air bags dont hardly hold any air.. so pretty much anything will work. Costco has a little roadside compressor but it's 60 bucks and roughly 4"x10"x8". it's not exactly little.
Well, then, what about one of those under-hood compressors used on GM cars with the load-leveling shocks? Seems like every Caddy from the 80's and 90's at the junkyard had one under the hood.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts