Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I have always hated the AirStreams due to the fact that I saw a show that depicted them as hippy-mobiles and tree hugger celebrity rides
You have to not pigeonhole us hippie types. The key words were "show" and "celebrity". Most real hippies would give the bird to those in the rolling Thermos bottle condos. Real hippies prefer school buses running vegetable oil.

Fantastic job Texas! Your creation of additional storage spots is inspiring. Are you going to have a seal around the strap door or drain holes? Wet straps suck.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Looks good Richard. Did you ditch the dually? What truck are you are you using to haul this rig?

Also, your drawing of the rzr looks like a tiny spaceship......

·
Registered
441 Posts
It will never work

Have you checked your load cycles?

Your going to kill a bus load of nuns if your over axle 50 lbs

Show me the exhaust on the onan

I'm glad you did all by yourself..my finger thanks you :flipoff2:

I have seen this unit in person. Top notch hauler...again.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
DMG, I've always thought a bus build would be fun

You have to not pigeonhole us hippie types. The key words were "show" and "celebrity". Most real hippies would give the bird to those in the rolling Thermos bottle condos. Real hippies prefer school buses running vegetable oil.

Fantastic job Texas! Your creation of additional storage spots is inspiring. Are you going to have a seal around the strap door or drain holes? Wet straps suck.
Couple of negatives for owning an AS IMO is they have absolutely no storage and or cargo area and they tend to have small fresh water tank. So a build like this takes care of those issues.

Looks good Richard. Did you ditch the dually? What truck are you are you using to haul this rig?

Also, your drawing of the rzr looks like a tiny spaceship......
Yep got rid of dually and went to dirtymax

image.jpg

It will never work

Have you checked your load cycles?

Your going to kill a bus load of nuns if your over axle 50 lbs

Show me the exhaust on the onan

I'm glad you did all by yourself..my finger thanks you :flipoff2:

I have seen this unit in person. Top notch hauler...again.
It's all photo shop I've never even owned an Airstream...I would however like to run across a bus load of nuns.
Onan came from factory without exhaust... I guess it's an exhaustless model.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow, just stumbled onto this one, amazing as always, would expect nothing less.

Here we go again.

Balls deep in the details, fawk the hippie trailer haters.

Check your load cycles.

If the load doesn't balance, prolly should just sell it and get a diesel pusher, oh wait, that was another hauler build thread.:flipoff2:

Looks great, love to see the details, don't let earl help on this one.:grinpimp:

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Forgot to address previous concern about wet straps.

I bowed the strap box floor like a banana then left areas unwelded for water to drain out. In addition I put rubber water mat in bottom.

Showing the little lady the difference between 6 inches and 12??? What do I win??
She gets that demonstration couple times a week from me not you.

Wheel stops for the jeep or rzr?
Jeep, rubber wheel chalk holders

Wow, just stumbled onto this one, amazing as always, would expect nothing less.

Here we go again.

Balls deep in the details, fawk the hippie trailer haters.

Check your load cycles.

If the load doesn't balance, prolly should just sell it and get a diesel pusher, oh wait, that was another hauler build thread.:flipoff2:

Looks great, love to see the details, don't let earl help on this one.:grinpimp:

You have got to change your avitar I completely loose my thought process every time you post.

Earl has been banned, I never could get my load cycle certificate on that trailer. Pretty sure he jacked with my load cycle frequencies and gave my trailer the HIVS when he mashed his finger and squirted blood all over it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Did you have the trailer built for the Rockwood camper then decide to go back to the Airstream? The Rockwood 2304 is quite a bit longer than the Airstream you went with isn't it? I'd like to use a camper the size of the 2304 if I ever build one but with room for the jeep I figured I'd be looked at a 35"+ trailer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
you have got to change your avatar i completely loose my thought process every time you post.
:smokin: I will just post more in your thread to throw off your build pics. :)

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Did you have the trailer built for the Rockwood camper then decide to go back to the Airstream? The Rockwood 2304 is quite a bit longer than the Airstream you went with isn't it? I'd like to use a camper the size of the 2304 if I ever build one but with room for the jeep I figured I'd be looked at a 35"+ trailer.
Hey Ty,
The rockwood was 34" longer than the AS. That is why the trailer is longer than I need at 34' total deck space. Originally I was going to haul the RZR in the rear and have two fold back extenders to support part of the RZR extending past the rear deck.

The rockwood could have been mounted flush with gooseneck in front but the AS kills about 8"both front and rear due to the arch in design

So basically I ended up with two plus feet more trailer than I need for my set up

·
Registered
522 Posts
Nice build again Dick, you certainly enjoy doing these and love all the little touches, I can't believe how good you are at photoshop. I looked all over the pics and can't tell they're fakes, would've never known if you didn't confess.

:smokin: I will just post more in your thread to throw off your build pics. :)
No one will complain if you do.

·
Premium Member
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Amazing build man. Like seeing any projects you put up, especially along ones like these.
Thanks

Nice build again Dick, you certainly enjoy doing these and love all the little touches, I can't believe how good you are at photoshop. I looked all over the pics and can't tell they're fakes, would've never known if you didn't confess.
Prob have more hours in a successful photo shop than just building damn thing lol. I suck at photo shop

Was looking at your wagon build and got me to thinking about building a train type setup for community events for a little advertising for my biz. Might be my next project.

did you just use the airstream tag??
Yes sir just had weight and trailer color updated at registration office.. 16,500 lbs and black and silver trailer description.

I did it this way so my recreational CDL would apply therefore not giving DPS as much incentive to weigh me as it does not matter wether it is over 26k gross or not I would still be legal as far as that goes.

Every one seems to be more lax on recreational stuff

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Cool to hear that, they are much more leniant on rv stuff for sure.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts