Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Feel stupid asking this, but I did make an attempt at an internet search and didnt come up with anything useful.
Going on a little road trip this weekend to possibly do some trading. Guy I am meeting has what he claims to be a russian made AK and a Browning A bolt in 300 Win mag to trade for a set of tires. I am no stranger to AK's, but I am far from any kind of expert. I know there are a lot of different countries of origin, some more desirable than others. Is there a good, simple resource out there on the internet that could help me identify the origins of his rifle and where it falls in the grand scheme of things??

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Have him send you some pics. We'll tell you what it is, and what it's worth.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so it turns out it is a WASR 10-63 from what I could read out of the less than stellar pics he sent. Least desirable AK variant. Guess my question now changes to-is it worth it?? I was trying to get $1000 put of a nice set of Boggers and he wants to trade me the two rifles for them. Was thinking on keeping the AK and trying to get $500 for the A bolt. What say ye??

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
WASR is $450-500 new, so it's worth maybe $300-350ish. Sounds like he's lowballing you and/or he's ignorant of what he's got.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts