Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cost of flat + rivets makes this kind of attractive... If only we had $100 romy G kits

:(

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Inter Ord does not have a stellar reputation in the AK biz. I'd expect fitment to need tweaking etc. I'd also expect most of the parts to originate overseas in some way or another. For an extra $40 i'd get a headspaced kit from Curtis at akbuilder, and get the flat and rivits at the same time.

·
Registered
416 Posts
seems that akbuilder has the cheapest at 379.99 did i miss a 340 one some where? i really do need another ak but for 300 i was thinking of stashing a kit for later. are they really not worth it?

·
Premium Member
10,659 Posts
Redcrackit used to mill off all the marks on parts and claim them as their own.

More common than you'd think

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,323 Posts
Saw these in the Centerfire mailer. I believe they're import parts with *some* US parts, such as the barrel and furniture.

My initial thought was they were complete guns that either had a mass order cancelled, or they failed QC somehow, so they cut them back up to sell as parts kits to make up for it...

·
3d Artist for Hire!
19,323 Posts
seems that akbuilder has the cheapest at 379.99 did i miss a 340 one some where? i really do need another ak but for 300 i was thinking of stashing a kit for later. are they really not worth it?

Buy one and see for yourself. I would be buying one right now if I didn't have parts kits still waiting to be built, a home in the middle of a complete renovation, and a wedding in the fall... :laughing:

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Alright I bought a couple of these kits, and am now looking at buying a bending jig and flats for them... I went to ak-builder.com and have their bending jig in my cart, but does anyone know what type of flat I need to complete these? I have searched high and low to see what kind of receiver IO uses on their guns, but haven't found anything that states it yet... I know I'm probably being a retard, but these will be my first AK builds, so I don't wanna fuck up and get the wrong receiver and make it harder than it needs to be.

EDIT: Would like to buy the flats from AK-builder.com since I will be ordering from them anyhow...

The choices I have on flats are:

Bulgarian
Hungarian
Polish
Romanian
Yugo

And I'm assuming this parts kit will take a 1mm flat as it sounds like the 1.5mm ones will need lots of modifications to work...

EDIT #2... looks like a standard polish receiver will work with about any kind of AK with some modifications...

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
Doesn't really matter if the trunnion doesn't have holes. Polish or Romy 1.0mm is what you'll want.

·
Premium Member
8,744 Posts
Ended up buying 5 polish flats without holes... and a bending jig. Will be doing spot weld builds. I have two of the kits pictured above, and ended up buying two more AMD 65 kits yesterday. I know I'll have to notch the polish receiver out for the side folder stock, but that oughta be easy enough. :D

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
It is. The AMD is the easiest to install. Make sure to get an extended brake or some thing for the short barrel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts