Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
very sad.

...but, do you think it was really an ak47 assault rifle or that is just what any gun is called these days? if it was a winchester model 70, would they even mention that?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Sad. Thats why I don't walk around with one in the chamber when hunting, I'm more afraid of slipping and falling in the steep terrain I hunt on.

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
very sad.

...but, do you think it was really an ak47 assault rifle or that is just what any gun is called these days? if it was a winchester model 70, would they even mention that?
ding ding ding.

They probably have NO IDEA what make/model it was and an EMT was questioned and probably said "it was an ak47!" or "assault rifle" and they rolled with it.

I also like how they have to DEFINE it they can't just say AK47 they have to add an "AK47 ASSAULT RIFLE" like they would have said a so-and-so bolt action! or hunting rifle, etc :shaking:

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
That aggrivates the fuck out of me as well.

seriously... does it matter what the bullet came out of? even if it was an AK, chances are it was probably a semi auto variant. In which case... that same single bullet it fired could have just as easily come from a bolt or lever action. 7.62, .338 Laupa Mag, .22 long rifle... they all could kill ya.

For all we know... the kid could of been shot with a 870 wingmaster and they were out squirell hunting. the "news" shouldnt even be called that with the way they butcher the truth.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Who hunts with an AK...and what would you be hunting in June?
SKS is more likely.
I would hunt with an AK just as I've hunted with my SKS and they might have been hog hunting

·
Registered
538 Posts
ak + hogs = good

I went on a bear hunt and the guide had an ak so if one charged.

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
why wasn't the safety on? :(
I see this and then I think of all the online photos of weapons that people post up with the safeties off. Ask about it and they get all defensive. Thats not one of the rules of gun safety. I don't trust safeties. My finger is my safety. :shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
The fact the boy is dead is tragic.
Who gives damn what he was shot with.

·
Registered
'73 Scout
10,454 Posts
I see this and then I think of all the online photos of weapons that people post up with the safeties off. Ask about it and they get all defensive. Thats not one of the rules of gun safety. I don't trust safeties. My finger is my safety. :shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:
I'll use them when the firearm has one, BUT...most everything I own DOESNT have a mechanical safety so we rely on;
1. Finger away from trigger (most important)
2. Empty chamber under the hammer (SA revolver)
3. 1/2 cock notch (ML, Sharps and M97)

I'll grant the 1/2 cock situation can be marginal but that whats available and I'll be damned iffen Im going to leave the hammer down on a percussion cap or round in the chamber much less in full cock when in the field. WAY too risky for this ole curmudgeon...

D.

·
Registered
'73 Scout
10,454 Posts
get a new guide :laughing:
My thought as well, theres something about the idea of large, pirate4x4.com furry beast with teeth and claws going full tilt my way cuz I just managed to piss it off that makes me inclined towards a larger caliber as back up ... :D :D

D.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
How come it hasn't been discussed that gun wasn't pointed in the right direction???? I've fallen and tripped many times in the woods and never had an AD or my gun pointed at another person. Why? Because my hand always covers my trigger guard and muzzle in the air farthest away from anyone

·
Registered
11,871 Posts
x2. I even posted a thread about it. :D RIP to the kid, grandpa didn't follow the rules, and the media sucks a serious anti-gun cock.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts