Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not looking for cookies or whatnot, just thought some guys might care to take a look at the landscape for those that havent wheeled in Alaska. One f/r locked and geared ZJ and one fullwidth, 5.0 powered, f/r locked and geared BroncoII. The trails arent hard-core by, say, JV standars, but theyre damn scenic. This is a trail we call "Eska Falls" outside of Anchorage, Alaska. See for yourselves... Start at the top and scroll downwards. Click here. .

Or, I can post them here if you all like, or cant get the link to work. Just trying to save some bandwidth.

·
Premium Member
30,199 Posts
Awesome pics, reminds me that I want to move.

Is the ZJ owner in the Air Force? Does he post on pre-ban? I could have sworn that I've seen a few pics of that rig before.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PONY_DRIVER said:
Awesome pics, reminds me that I want to move.

Is the ZJ owner in the Air Force? Does he post on pre-ban? I could have sworn that I've seen a few pics of that rig before.
Yup, thats the guy.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I lived in Anchoage from '82 - 88. Stayed w/ my cousin on Wainright for a while. Was'nt into wheeling back then though & don't remember ever hearing of that place. Where is it ? I'd guess around Eagle River if it's close, or down on the Kenai Pen. Maybe I'll get up there to visit friends this year or next. It is an awesome place.
have fun

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup. This is likely, if not absolutely, the best freaking view from a designated trail I've ever seen. I'll sure as hell miss it when I leave. All this time building a damn jeep and I wont even get to wheel it before I move... Im a dumb fu*k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts