Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Another from Edmonton area and have been lurking for awhile as well. I was into the drag racing thing for a long time and finally decided to slow down and enjoy the scenery a bit more. :) I have a pretty much stock 15 Rubicon and a 09 Rhino.
Hope to get out a couple times this winter with the Jeep if I can. So if anyone is looking for someone to tag along for some mild to moderate 4x4ing I'd be in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fort Mac here. All the Muskeg doesn’t make for particularly great off-roading up this way. Most my wheeling is done after freeze-up.

2005 Dodge 2500 Powerwagon on 35’s for me.

Need to build a light weight buggy on 50+ inch low pressure tires like all those Russian videos on YouTube. That would take care of all this Muskeg...

Oh, and “Hi”! First post for me after being a lurker for years...

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Fort Mac here. All the Muskeg doesn’t make for particularly great off-roading up this way. Most my wheeling is done after freeze-up.

2005 Dodge 2500 Powerwagon on 35’s for me.

Need to build a light weight buggy on 50+ inch low pressure tires like all those Russian videos on YouTube. That would take care of all this Muskeg...

Oh, and “Hi”! First post for me after being a lurker for years...
Get a sherpa!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Edmonton area checking in :)

2012 power wagon with some stuff done to it. Powertrain just has a few bolt in’s but suspension is pretty modified using the majority of Thuren fabrication spec shocks and parts with some other large components custom built. Front is currently strapped at 10” of wheel travel with. 3.5” internal bypass king shock and the rear is leaf sprung with approx 18-19” of wheel travel using atlas long travel leafs designed by Thuren fab and 18” 3.0 quad bypass king shocks.

Usually run at higher speeds but I can still go slow too. Driveline is 5.13 gears with a factory e locker front and ARB air locked rear. The rear axle was trussed and swapped from a 2012 1 ton diesel so it is the larger 11.5” aam just so I could run the 5.13’s.

37” Toyo MT’s on trail ready World Series ringed bead locks.

Does very well for its size (roughly 8000lb... maybe more...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Nice rig man! Where do you usually wheel?

Thanks.

Not many places around Edmonton where you can legally wheel. Unless you want to go to TORE you are going to have to head west to the foot hills, there are some nice areas around Hinton and Rocky Mountain house which is where I usually go, only a 2 (ish) hour drive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks.

Not many places around Edmonton where you can legally wheel. Unless you want to go to TORE you are going to have to head west to the foot hills, there are some nice areas around Hinton and Rocky Mountain house which is where I usually go, only a 2 (ish) hour drive.

Ya ive been up that way a few times actually. Got to watch around Rocky Mountain house for me the trails get pretty tight there lol

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Ya ive been up that way a few times actually. Got to watch around Rocky Mountain house for me the trails get pretty tight there lol

That’s the beauty in a Flat fender Willys, they are not much wider than a side by side and and ride most Jeep or OHV trails with ease.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Leduc AB

85 Tin Top in the rebuild stage, just got out of paint /coating ,cant post pics yet
mostly used for hunting in the Whitecourt Area

·
Registered
34 Posts
Stony Plain

Can't post pics either, but my bro, dad and I build and run Samurais. I also have a 53 Willy's in the parts collection stage.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts