Discussion Starter #1

https://www.createspace.com/3725398

The Cisco Grove UFO Encounter
Authored by Noe Torres, Ruben Uriarte
Illustrated by Neil Riebe
Preface by Judi Shrum
Cover design or artwork by Joe Calkins
As told by Donald R. Shrum

For the first time ever, the eyewitness in one of the world's most intriguing and least known UFO cases speaks out in public and gives complete information never previously revealed about his terrifying encounter with aliens in a dark forest near Cisco Grove, California. In the fall of 1964, an event much stranger than fiction took place in the ruggedly scenic foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range in the Tahoe National Forest. Into this remote wilderness stepped 26-year-old Donald Shrum, who planned to enjoy a relaxing weekend hunting deer with his bow and arrows. As he entered the forest, joking and laughing with his two hunting buddies, little did Shrum suspect that shortly he would be locked in the midst of a terrifying 12-hour struggle with alien forces. Armed only with his wits and one of mankind's most primitive weapons, Shrum expended every ounce of his strength in an all-night battle against invaders that seemed bent on overtaking him and carrying him away to a fate worse than death.

This is the story that the world has been waiting for decades to hear. Because he worked for a company that made missiles for the U.S. military, the eyewitness never revealed his true identity in connection with his UFO encounter until now. This is first and only fully authorized account ever written about this astonishing UFO incident. This UFO case was called "the most spectacular report we have examined" by Coral Lorenzen of the Aerial Phenomenon Investigation Committee (APRO). Paul Cerny of the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) said, "There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this incident is factual and authentic. I have spent considerable time plus many visits with the main witness, and along with the testimony of the other witnesses, I can rule out any possibility of a hoax."

The telling of this incredible tale for the first time ever is with the full cooperation and permission of Mr. Donald R. Shrum, the key eyewitness, his wife Judi, and their son Dan. Judi Shrum, in the book's foreword, writes, "After all these years and for the first time ever, we are disclosing in this book the entire story of my husband's amazing UFO encounter in hopes that others may learn from it, that others may finally know precisely what happened to us, and that perhaps, even so many years after the fact, somehow we might be able to gain additional insight into exactly what did happen in that dark forest."

Prepare yourself for this astonishing true story that injects you directly into the middle of a horrifying nightmare come to life and is far more bizarre than any science fiction novel ever could be!
Huh - maybe we'll see a UFO on the trail :laughing:

·
FOF
8,202 Posts
Not gonna lie, I will probably read that :laughing: Interesting, thanks for sharing. :D

·
Phobohomic
1,247 Posts
They were probably dropping off the wolverine and wolf. :flipoff2:

Randii
Nope, not in 1964. They most likely dropped off the triumvirate of evil, I've always believed they're from outer space.

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
hahahah

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hateing just cuz you can't read.:shaking: :flipoff2:

BTW This book is not available from Barnes and Noble. Pretty sure you can only get it from site linked.

·
16,231 Posts
It's Project Blue Book Case Number 9093

But COME ON. Who gets lost hunting and then decides to sleep in a tree? :shaking: Why not sleep on the ground like a NORMAL person?

and then space aliens, with all their supposed technology....would be frightened by matches? Whatever.

Donald Schrum, 28, and his friends were bow and arrow hunting in an isolated area of Placer County, and Schrum had become separated from his companions. At sunset he decided to sleep in a tree for the night. Later he saw a white light zigzagging at low altitude and, thinking it was a helicopter, jumped out of the tree and lit fires to attract its attention. The light turned toward him and stopped about 50-60 yards away. The object's strange appearance frightened Schrum, so he climbed back up in the tree.

After a while two humanoid beings and a robot-like creature approached the tree. From then on, Schrum was in a state of siege as the beings tried to dislodge him from the tree. At one point a white vapor emanated from the robot's mouth and Schrum blacked out, but woke up again nauseous and began lighting matches and throwing them down to frighten the beings away; they backed away. Finally he shot an arrow at the robot; when it hit there was an arc flash and the robot was knocked backwards. This was repeated two more times, and the humanoids scattered each time. A second robot now appeared and a vapor again rendered Schrum unconscious. when he awoke, he discovered that the two humanoids were climbing up the tree toward him, so he shook the tree and threw things down at them to ward them off. The same actions were repeated all night.

Near dawn more beings approached and "large volumes of smoke" drifted up and he blacked out. He awoke hanging from his belt and the creatures were gone. Later, when reunited with his companions, Schrum found that one of the other hunters, who also had gotten lost and separated from their camp, had seen the UFO.

Source: Strange Effects From UFOs (NICAP 1969) page.17

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
it would suck to keep that a secret. kinda like any commercial airline pilot who witnesses ufo activity, if they talk about it, they're fired.:(

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
I knew it was true, I'm now at peace with all the voices in my head:smokin:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Right right before I started watching the movie "Paul", I turned on the laptop and saw this thread..

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The author was on Coast to Coast with George Noory last night. 640 AM radio in Los Angeles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts