Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there 14? I think it could be done. Erik, you up for some rock racin'? JR? I promise, no alternate routes! :D

Chris

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
EMIEVEL said:
Is there 14? I think it could be done. Erik, you up for some rock racin'? JR? I promise, no alternate routes! :D

Chris
I'll be your huckleberry, but even with Jack North you still only have 11 :)

Me, Todd and Randy (1/2 way) did Lower and Upper Johnson, Up Claw, down Wrecking Ball, Up Jack North, Up Upper Sledge, back to the lake bed in 4 hours :) (we didn't get to the Lake Bed till 10:00 and I was asleep around 5:30 --- in my bed) ;)

The standard is up Claw, down Wrecking, Up Jack, Down Sledge in a day....no problem

d

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Jack (inc. upper)
2. Jack Return
3. Wrecking Ball
4. Claw
5. Backdoor (3 times)
Erik and i did that in 3 hrs, give or take a few minutes. We hauled balls, did most of Jack in 2nd (3rd for Erik) gear.

Other trails include:
6. Resolution
7. Big Johnson (lower & upper)
8. Outter Limits
9. Bender Alley
10. Aftershock
11. Sunbonnet
12. SUV
13. Sledge
14. Gate Keeper? (Randy showed me this one, not sure of the name. You have to turn around and drive back out the way you came in)

That's a lot of trail racing for one day. I have to figure out the best order still. I've never done 10, 11, or 12.

Some vets should know which trails exit close to the start of others, and what the fastest order would be.

Chris

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
If you really wanted to do it, I'd do the following order

Outer Limits
over to Sun Bonnet
Up AfterShock
Down Upper Big Johnson
Down Lower Big Johnson
Up Claw
Down Wrecking Ball
Up Jack North
Down Jack
Up Sledge
Up Upper Sledge
Across the Lakebed to Backdoor and Resolution

:)

It's probably possible with no more than 3 rigs.

Helluva long day though

d

Edit: Forgot Bender Alley
:rolleyes:

·
OG13 King
7,882 Posts
JeepRecoveryTeam said:
If you really wanted to do it, I'd do the following order

Outer Limits
over to Sun Bonnet
Up AfterShock
Down Upper Big Johnson
Down Lower Big Johnson
Up Claw
Down Wrecking Ball
Up Jack North
Down Jack
Up Sledge
Up Upper Sledge
Across the Lakebed to Backdoor and Resolution

:)

It's probably possible with no more than 3 rigs.

Helluva long day though

d

Edit: Forgot Bender Alley
:rolleyes:
To make more of a manly- man trip out of it, maybe reverse the order so that you're going up the harder ones. Or maybe go up all the trails except maybe backjack. Could be done but any break downs, forget it, Racing might not be the best strategy.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, JR? What do you think? When I said rock racing, I meant no stopping, no alternate lines, and hopefully no break downs. You ready for a day like that? I figured we could do it first and time it, and let others try to beat it, not that a whole lot would ever try it!

Chris

·
OG13 King
7,882 Posts
Let's say that a conservative, combined average for each trail is 30 min. Hmmm. 6 and a half hrs.
Total travel time between trails could be (conservative) 2hrs.
OK, 8 1/2 hours.
Now, do we really need back jack? Bender alley?
What if we drove up each trail, reached the top, then came right back down, that is on all the trails that have a lenghty exit like wrecking ball.
The point is that all the trails worth doing, should be done going up. Let's figure out the best way to logistically go up all the trails in the shortest time. If we don't, somebody else will. :smokin:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
they did somethhing similar out there a few years ago as a comp. and the winner (Jason Bunch) did it in 5 hours, but it was less trails. This would be fun to watch, a big group would be death.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JR, what would you do with "Ole Black & Blue (new name for my tattered buggy!)?

Are you suggesting we run each trail to the top, turn around and go down, to get the time? I like it! Each trail could have a "time to beat", top to bottom.

Or, we could do each trail to the top and mark the time. That time could be called "Par for the Course." In other words, if you don't make any mistakes, this trail can be done in 15 minutes to the top. Then somebody could have something to shoot for.

I dunno, maybe I'm just bored. I wanted to do every trail out there in one day because it would just be grueling, and something that not a lot of others could do, or would attemp. My first thought was to do every trail in whatever order was fastest.

Chris

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
JeepRecoveryTeam said:

Down Upper Big Johnson
Down Lower Big Johnson
I think almost anyone would have hell to pay to even get up that bailout :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Well I'd sure be up for that, but Chris, I think you're gunna be pissin' blood from getting beat up so bad! Personally I think our time is better spent looking for harder or at least some new trails. J.V. is just getting boring and far to easy.
:crybaby2:

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
TheNerple said:
Well I'd sure be up for that, but Chris, I think you're gunna be pissin' blood from getting beat up so bad! Personally I think our time is better spent looking for harder or at least some new trails. J.V. is just getting boring and far to easy.
:crybaby2:

Find something harder out there. Upper Bender Alley looked interesting, almost impassable, which is good. The lower part was easy and the bail out wasn't too exciting either. It seems way easier to break trails out there. No vegatation to deal with. So, go GET IT.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jack, our trails are just too wide to make them as hard as yours. You can look around and find some real hard lines, cause they are out there. In fact, I didn't see anything out there in AZ, that was driveable, that was harder than some optional lines at the Hammers.
Lines such as:
Waterfall - Backdoor (not optional though)
Camo line - Sledge
numerous lines - Outer Limits

I'd be glad to show you all my favorite lines when you come out for the Jambo. :) What trails are the rest of the BTG crew running for the Jambo?

Chris

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
EMIEVEL said:

What trails are the rest of the BTG crew running for the Jambo?

Chris

Not sure. Might hit the rock pile during the "organized runs". Gotta stay outta the traffic jams. We'll probably run just about everything throughout the weekend. You can show us Backdoor though.
;)

·
OG13 King
7,882 Posts
Three way's to do it:
1. Snake up and down the trails so that they are all covered, timing the entire event.
2. Run all the trails but only going up, the clock ticking the whole time.
3. Run all the trails but stopping the clock at the top of each run, then combine the timed runs.

Next issue. Doing the entire run as a group or individual.
If every one could move at the same pace, it would be great to do a group effort. But it's seldom is the case. So, maybe it should be every one for them selves, run all the trails and see you back at camp :flipoff2: . Sounds pretty good unless you are the one that breaks down. Then it sucks.
So here's what I think, if people break down, the survivors need to press on "for the good of the group". Unless, of course, it's me that breaks, in which case, we should call the whole thing off and extract my junk out of there. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JR said:
Sounds pretty good unless you are the one that breaks down. Then it sucks.
So here's what I think, if people break down, the survivors need to press on "for the good of the group". Unless, of course, it's me that breaks, in which case, we should call the whole thing off and extract my junk out of there. :flipoff2:
Too funny man! But I learned my lesson trying pull your junk anywhere :flipoff2: !

We'll figure it out. To make it more interesting, maybe we have to start drinking (water, of course ;) ) when the clock starts. :D However we do it, we'll make history and all be considered "Gods" to everyone that wheels. :D They'll probably throw a parade for us. Dave (JRT) said he'd have my kids.

Chris

·
I brought the beer
11,347 Posts
EMIEVEL said:

Too funny man! But I learned my lesson trying pull your junk anywhere :flipoff2: !

We'll figure it out. To make it more interesting, maybe we have to start drinking (water, of course ;) ) when the clock starts. :D However we do it, we'll make history and all be considered "Gods" to everyone that wheels. :D They'll probably throw a parade for us. Dave (JRT) said he'd have my kids.

Chris
I said I'd have your kids if you drove the left line, off the edge and through the hole and up over the ridge at the last obstacle on sledge.

This driving all the trails is completely doable, like I said, I won't be going as fast as you in places, but I bet I'll finish before ya ;)

You'll break gayrooonteeeeeeeeed:flipoff2:

It'll go something like this

"Chris, how'd you engine fall out?"
"Well, I was doin 70 when I hit the first obstacle on Sledge and something busted:confused: "

JR, you have any days off during the week?

This should be the Annual April Fool's day run :) :laughing:

d

1 - 20 of 28 Posts