Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out the bottom leaf of my front springs trying to get rid of some excessive lift. Then I read a thread where CG says to leave all the leaves in the front pack. So now I am thinking of putting them back in after flattening them on a press. So I have 2 questions to Chris and everyone else:

1. Which way do the tiny bottom leaves in this spring pack face? My left and right packs were swapped when I got them. One had the shorter end forward and the other had the longer end forward.

2. How critical are they? I am guessing that they help with axle wrap? Anyone running without them?

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
the leaf mounts so its shorter out the front of the pack. i ran without for awhile, bad things happened ;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I ran mine on a couple of runs without the 2 bottom leafs to help break them in. After that I put the leaves back in. I had no problem running them that way and really like how they work now.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Booger Weldz said:
i ran without for awhile, bad things happened ;)
I think I know what you are referring to- I don't want to get that "discussion" going again- LOL

Kewl, thanks for the info all. I will wait to see how the chevy's sit in the rear and decide whether or not to flatten 'em out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts