Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hats off to them

I did this arm last weekend at Carnage. I didn't buy the arms from AllPro, but a distributor about 3 years ago. Well, they have what looks to be a manufacturer's defect (big air cavity inside) and the original seller offered me a $100 of a new set. Called Eric at All-Pro, he sent me new arms and a return label for the old. No cost :D . That's standing behind your product :D :D.

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
That's good to hear. They are changing in a big way I think. Or they will go broke giving shit away lately :cool:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
thats very cool. i am looking at getting some stuff from there real soon, including the hy-steer.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4RnrRick said:

Can you get a close up picture of this "air cavity"?? How big is it?
I'll try to find the best picture when I get home. I'd guess about 1/2 cubic inch. I've already sent the broken one back to All-Pro.

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
RE:Todd said:
......I'd guess about 1/2 cubic inch.....
"1/2 cubic inch" :confused:

Does that mean:

.50" x .50" x .50" = .125 in^3

or

.794" x .794" x .794" = .500 in^3

Oh what were you doing when it broke????

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
4RnrRick said:

Fully gettin it like always:D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
RE:Todd said:
My hats off to them

I did this arm last weekend at Carnage. I didn't buy the arms from AllPro, but a distributor about 3 years ago. Well, they have what looks to be a manufacturer's defect (big air cavity inside) and the original seller offered me a $100 of a new set. Called Eric at All-Pro, he sent me new arms and a return label for the old. No cost :D . That's standing behind your product :D :D.

Was he aware you are a Tin Bender, or carnage champ?

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: All-Pro customer service.

Heywood said:

Yes :D :D

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
4RnrRick said:

"1/2 cubic inch" :confused:

Does that mean:

.50" x .50" x .50" = .125 in^3

or

.794" x .794" x .794" = .500 in^3

It mean's these are the best pics I got :D :D

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Re: Re: All-Pro customer service.

Heywood said:

But he did ask what I was really doing when it broke, told him I didn't know cause it looks like it's been broke for awhile :( .

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
4RnrRick said:

Okay now I'm confused.... :confused:

How did the king pin break and it not shear the studs off the knuckle??????
Thats what we were thinking when we found it:eek: He broke a long side shaft and we were taking it apart to swap it out. We stoped when we seen the steering arm, put it all back together and he drove out three wheelin.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
4RnrRick said:

Okay now I'm confused.... :confused:

How did the king pin break and it not shear the studs off the knuckle??????
The torque on the nuts get's checked every wheeling day. There is casting porosity, an air gap, and cracks inside the broken piece. The cones and nuts do a good job of maintaining the arm in location, I think it's a defect in the arm that finally showed after 3 years. As I said, my hats off to All-Pro for standing behind the product.

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,738 Posts
Heywood said:
Does not make any difference, I have a set of their very first arms that are welded steel and I bought them from Marlin. When I talked to Jon a few years back he said that if they ever broke, they would replace them. I personally do not like the cast arms because of the porosity, but that is just my opinion. I would rather have the arms that Marlin now sells!!!! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thats great! I bought a brand new D60 Detroit recently and it had some TERRIBLE pourosity in the casting. The vendor (PORC) sent me a new one out immediately. Thumbs up to Alex at PORC. Thumbs down to Trac-Tech's recent quality control :rolleyes:. The CONSUMER shouldn't HAVE to inspect these high dollar new parts. Great customer service Eric!

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
OOP'S said:
Does not make any difference, I have a set of their very first arms that are welded steel and I bought them from Marlin. When I talked to Jon a few years back he said that if they ever broke, they would replace them. I personally do not like the cast arms because of the porosity, but that is just my opinion. I would rather have the arms that Marlin now sells!!!! :grinpimp:
Ok...............I have a BRAND NEW set of MARLIN ARMS never used only installed, $175 shipped to your door if you want them. I'll know in a day or 2 if I am selling these, let me know if you want them, you get 1st shot!:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts