Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed it yesterday, went on real easy, and straight forward until I went to install the d-shaft (PITA in itself) and as I got the bolts sinched down, I noticed the rotor was now TIGHT against the brake pad to the rear of the rig to the point that the d-shaft won't turn at all by hand, and no the ebrake is not engaged either :confused: In the pic you can see the gap behind the rotor, and the pad. The pad to the rear that engages the ebrake is a floating pad, the rear is a fixed pad. I can't see how I could have screwed anything up this time :flipoff2: Anyone else have this happen and what was the fix? It's almost like the bracket itself needs to be spaced out from the tcase a tad?

Attachments

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lowtorious said:
That's BS :mad:. For $300 plus shipping it better come correct.
Well, I only paid $125 for it, so I'm not to upset. Not many AP items I've bought have ever "bolted" on

·
Registered
976 Posts
If and when you get it resolved.... post up.

I'd like to make that mod myself, but I'm not gonna spend my cash on something that won't work.

Like to see how you fix it, and how it works for ya.

Thanx...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Did the guy who sold it to you tell you why he did'nt want it? :zzz:

·
Registered
13,838 Posts
Have you called All-Pro to ask them?

There's that damn common sense kicking in again. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leonel said:
Did the guy who sold it to you tell you why he did'nt want it? :zzz:
Sold his truck, never installed it since he had and older rig with that oddball flange and never swapped it out I guess.

HighToy said:
Have you called All-Pro to ask them?

There's that damn common sense kicking in again. :flipoff2:
Why bother All Pro, I didn't buy it from them. Easy enough to ask the people hear, but gee thanks for all the help :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Bones said:

Why bother All Pro, I didn't buy it from them. Easy enough to ask the people hear, but gee thanks for all the help :rolleyes:
I'm sure you noticed who said to add washers :confused: :D :D

·
Registered
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chris Geiger said:
In some cases a pair of flat washers can be used to shim the caliper back slightly.
Thanks Chris, I used 2 and it was to much, so one washer is in there now and it seems to be okay. Now I have to remove the pads to grind them since the d-shaft flange rubs them, or let it self clearance. :beer:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have this brake on dual cases, and it rubbed slightly when it was installed. I just let it wear/self adjust then adjusted the brake system. It works great, I've had it on for about 1,200 miles and have not had to adjust it at all. The rotor is damn strong too, it banged up the transmission tunnel a little bit on the first good flex and did'nt even phase it!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
It looks to me like you got it assembled wrong - maybe I am not seeing it right - it looks like there's an extra washer that should be next to either the bolt or nut.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
e brake cable too long??

I just got done bolting on my disk e brake and it looks like I have too much e brake cable. With the line connected and the ebrake out, the cylindrical metal end at the end of the line in the bracketry, there's tons of slack in the line. If I pull the e brake on, it doesn't pull much because of the slack. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it?
This on my '81 long bed with a single t-case.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts