Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get my 88 Suburban to run right. It is all stock TBI. on a 70 350.
I had to swap out the entire wiring harness so Mabey I am missing something. But any way i set the timing at 0, With the set timing connector unpluged, Then pluged it back in. It will run for about 3 min then it dies. I cannot get my Code scanner to read any codes, it says(Communication Error). Any ideas where to start???

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
check your ground to your pcm..expecilly this. sounds like teh pcm isnt being read.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there suposed to be a Ground wire to the ECM?? Other than in the Main connectors?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
no itll be in the main harness..

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
follow the wires from the connectors into the harness.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
you dont need that shit. tbi setups are not that involved wiring wise.
if you really need a schematic get on autozone.com and they have wiring diagrams for free. no reason to spend 35 bucks on a few pictures when you can get them online or from the libary for free.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a GM wiring diagram, I found one Black groung within the Ecm Harness and it is grounded to the Intake.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Double checked all Grounds. They are all good.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
no codes?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Check all the wires on the OBDI plug- IIRK you only need two or three to get a reading. You can also grab a "code reader" from napa or checker for 10 bucks that just shorts (or puts a resistor) on the correct way and codes will flash on your check engine light.
I'll see if I can find my diagram and send it to you.

Also, my 4.3L is set about 5 or 8 degrees advanced with the set timing thing unplugged. Not 0. The 350's may be different, but I doubt it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts